PDA

View Full Version : Spider control on the dock and boat!!!!!!

.264 magnum
06-09-2009, 12:01 AM
We keep our '08 LSV lifted on the water at Lake Lewisville Texas. Everything about this arrangement is great, except for the spiders. The little devils live on the underside of the roof and repel down onto our LSV's cover at night and they get in the boat. They also set a freakish amount of web every night, on the boat and on the dock.

What works well to kill/control them. A guy down the dock said to be careful with sprays as they will/might damage my boat's finish.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Razzman
06-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Get some of that industrial strength extended kill bug stuff. Move the boat out, clean 'em all out and spray the whole underside, the posts, everything! Wait for it to dry and do it again. When dry put the boat back. Where i live we even have them crossing the lake by the millions on webs! No lie, a few weeks back they were everywhere towers, boat & people! We live in ag land so unless we do that they'll cover everything!

.264 magnum
06-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Get some of that industrial strength extended kill bug stuff. Move the boat out, clean 'em all out and spray the whole underside, the posts, everything! Wait for it to dry and do it again. When dry put the boat back. Where i live we even have them crossing the lake by the millions on webs! No lie, a few weeks back they were everywhere towers, boat & people! We live in ag land so unless we do that they'll cover everything!

That makes me want to puke! I have one of those pump sprayers with a tank, a hose and a metal sprayer. I'm going to hose the place down tomorrow.

Thanks very much Razzman!

mmandley
06-09-2009, 02:06 AM
Our Orkin guy sprays out house each month for bugs and Spiders.

He said take some water and vinegar and spray that. The vinegar kills them and whats not dead it will chase them off. Vinegar will dry and leave a smell they cant stand. Since he started spraying out hour in April we don't have any more at the front door, the worst place because of the front light and all the little bugs attracted to light.

tlatoani
06-09-2009, 11:43 AM
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/upload/2007/02/spider_cookie.jpg

mmandley
06-09-2009, 12:17 PM
HAHAHA Nice Tlatoani, at first i was like i dont get it. Then i notices the chips are spiders LOL.

kaneboats
06-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Stop it! You're making me hungry.