PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Problem

liquidlite
06-08-2009, 05:40 PM
I apologize in advance for the ignorance here but I have a problem...It seems that my Gravity III ballast is having some wiring complications. Everything worked fine for the past two summers, but now, whenever I fill either rear sac, the center fills as well. The center switch, itself, works fine when filling/emptying on command, but it is annoying to have it fill when the two rear sacs fill. Again, it is not a major problem so I didn't waste the day tinkering with it on Sunday. Anyone have any ideas/instructions as to how to fix this?

ToddXLV
06-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Pull back the rear seat and open up the cover above the tranny. See if the switch for the front valve (center) is set to on. If so then the valve is wide open and water will fill the sack when you move.

liquidlite
06-08-2009, 07:17 PM
it's not a problem of moving...its a problem of filling when i hit the fill switch for either rear bag.

tazz3069
06-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Do a little test on the pumps. I would Open the compartment to see the valves. Put your hand on the solenoid that goes to your front ballast. Have someone turn on one of the rear pumps. I want you to feel if the solenoid is opening when the rear pump(switch) is pushed. Also, look at the little black switches on the valve themselves. Each valve should have one. make sure the center valve is in the same position as the two rear valves. The solenoid could be stuck in the open position. Remove the center solenoid and operate the switch. See if the plunger moves in and out with the on/off motion of the switch. Start with these test and let us know the outcome.
Tazz

liquidlite
06-08-2009, 07:51 PM
thanks guys...i'll let you know after this weekend.