PDA

View Full Version : Vapor Lock???

mobyatBelews
06-08-2009, 12:06 PM
I know there have been many threads about vapor lock, but I had something yesterday that I don't understand. We left out and rode for probably 10-15 minutes. We then stopped and played for about 1 1/2 hours. We drove back to the marina and ate dinner. We were parked for probably an hour. When I went to crank it, it fired up as it always has(never a days problem - 2005 LS bought new) but then shut down. I tried cranking it, it would not start. We waited about 15 minutes and right when I was going to have it towed to the slip, it started. I tested it several times and it worked just fine. We went back out and wakeboarded for another 2 hours. Any thoughts? Should I mark it up to just one of those things or get it checked out. Again, I have never had an issue so it is bugging me.

kaneboats
06-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Expect this result: "Could not reproduce symptoms."

Check you fuel pump and filter to be sure.

ToddXLV
06-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah, sounds like the the fuel filter to me too. If you get that again before changing the fuel filter, just tap on the filter with a screwdriver or something solid to dislodge the blockage. I did that last week when my boat was sputtering and it all of a sudden had all of it's power back after tapping on the fuel filter.