PDA

View Full Version : Dam Weather.

mmandley
06-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Dam weather. All week i been working 13hr shifts, and waiting patiently for Sunday morning.

Wednesday at work was just a pain in the but, Boat was at AWS for 20hr service.
Thursday was better because it wasn't Wednesday
Friday was really good because i picked up the boat from AWS. But the checkbook was mad because it took a hit.

Saturday, work alone over half the night and worked 7 hours before i even got a coffee break. But i was just thinking of how nice it will be Sunday on the boat.

Sunday morning i got off work after 4 13hr shifts.

I came home washed and waxed Big Blue, helped the little lady clean the house. Hooked the boat up and took the cover off to load gear. Dam rain started. Loaded gear anyhow thinking it would pass over.

Weather man called for sunny with partly clouds and 75 today. Then at 7am i guess they changed it to 68, never did see the sun. Had to call the crew and push the trip to the lake out a week.

I covered the boat back up, went back into the house and pouted. Then went to bed after being up 22 hours..

gcombe74
06-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Feel you pain brother.... Not sure summer is comming this year.. its usually 90+ here... this morning it was 50 degree and just rained all day... the next 8 of 10 days shows thundershowers.

so here i sit killing time... reading and replying.. lol

jester
06-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Mike,

Sorry to hear that. some times you win and have great weather and sometimes you got cought on the boat with a down pour. Just be happy it was not a down pour on the way to the lake or when you where just getting the boat on the lake.

kaneboats
06-08-2009, 11:05 AM
We've had rain almost every day for a week. Sat. got washed out pretty good but by Sun. morning there was just some fog. We hit the water by noon and didn't roll into the driveway till 8:45. Glad there's no school today. The boys got to ski. The girls mostly wakeboarded and surfed. The two little ones rode in the Spiderman tube. I definitely joined the "Surf A Mile" club. Mrs. Kane even tried to surf then gave up and took some rides on the surfboard like a body board. Funniest moment was the look on 10 y/o daughter's face when she accidentally surfed right onto the platform and was in the boat with us. Had a great day. It was 90 and sunny.

newty
06-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Looks like the Dam weather is going to be the same. Especially at the dam.
Might I suggest you stop boating at the damn dam. Besides the weather is not as damn bad and is much nicer down here. Its not as dam cold either. Did you catch a dam tour while your there, and take in some of the dam sites.
22 hrs? You needed some damn sleep anyway!
Not to be confused with dam sleep, they don't like it when you sleep on or near the dam. :p

mmandley
06-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Haha funny Newty.

Yea man on Saturdays if we go out i stay up. Like the day we met, i had already been up for 22 hours and i was up till about 8pm that night.

Same happens on Sundays if its my long work week. I have to catch a little 2 or 3 hour nap or just stay up, other wise i wont get any water time with Claudia.

I'm still trying to find people to go out with on Mon or Tuesday to enjoy more time on the water. Eighter my boat or there's, i don't care LOL.

They keep telling me im going to days finally after 5 years of nights, but i honestly expect this to happen in October when the rain comes and the summer is over LOL.

newty
06-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Gotta love the process/manufacturing jobs. Been in it since 96'. I know your pain.
I rotate days to nights every 2-3 days on 12 hr shifts. Pays the bills and I get to play w/ my Momba.

mmandley
06-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Yea its great, not, lol.

I like the job, i mean it pays well and i get decent days off, i just cant wait till i get my days so when i get off that night i can prep the boat and first thing the next morning we can head to the water. I be rested and ready to carve up the water all day then.

I don't have a problem right now once im at the water. Driving home i get pretty tired and its normally a coffee with a double shot in it to make the trip easier. We only go to Eugene lakes when i can sleep the night before. Thats a long drive home after being on the water all day even when fully rested.