PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Issues??

Hootreville
06-05-2009, 10:15 PM
I have an 05 Outback with a single axle trailer. When I load the boat onto the trailer no matter how it is positioned it seems to settle into the same spot. The left side of the boat sits higher and the right side rubs on the fender!!! I was thinking of putting some spacers under the right side bunk to lift the right side so it sits level??? Any one had any experience with this??? Any suggestions????

lancesaville
06-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Mine does it every time I load, you just have to pull out of the water a foot or two and check and if it's not on the trailer right, back right in enough to barely float the boat and shift it over until you feel the hull jump between those two tricky bunks.

mmandley
06-06-2009, 05:30 AM
I had the same thing happen a few weeks back at Fall Creek in Eugene. I put the trailer in a bit to fare and had mt GF driving the boat on so she could learn. Since i wasnt in the boat i wasnt able to feel teh hull center its self, when we pulled out i noticed the rear bunks wernt sitting under the hull evenly. I had to back it back down till it floated a little hold the baot in place with the swim deck and have her pull the truck up the ramp real slow till the boat hit the trailer correctly.

If you keep having this problem see if you can measure the bunk heights when the boat is in the water? Maybe the trailer or the bunks arnt level some how.

Hootreville
06-06-2009, 09:05 PM
I have tried all of those things, but the boat always sits higher on the left than it does the right. I think next time it is in the water at my parents I will try and shim up the right side bunk a bit and hopefully it will level the boat out on the trailer!!

kaneboats
06-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Measure up from the ground and make sure they are even. Also, check the condition of the bunks and make sure they aren't damaged, rotted, etc.