PDA

View Full Version : WakeSurf Configuration for 08 LSV

LakeNormanMoomba
06-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Own 2008 Moomba LSV with GIII Ballast (400lbs, 2 rear, 1 center) with Wake Plate.

Looking for suggestions on proper configuration for wakesurfing.

Considering adding an additional ballast (400lbs or so) that would sit on top of the seat directly behind the drivers seat. Wake is good when we have 5+ in boat but usually ride with 4. Wave could be better. Looking for some curl.

Suggestions?

Roachman
06-05-2009, 02:14 PM
I just fill a 275 on top of my 400 in the rear compartment. I also throw a 400 in the seat or bow depending on peeps in the boat. Since I foil and wakeboard I didnt want the 750s in the rear.

Chad M
06-05-2009, 04:46 PM
I do the same as roachman with the extra 400 on the seat or bow depending on where people are sitting, but I use a 750 in the compartment. Wakeplate somewhere between up and midway to clean up the face.

mmandley
06-05-2009, 05:36 PM
First off Welcome LakeNormanMoomba to the forums

You will find tons of Ballast set up treads in here. Also before you buy any ballast stuff talk with JasonW here from wake master.

I run only stock ballast and generally have 4 person crew.

Fill the rear bag-------------400
Fill center bag ski locker --- 400

Go 10mph and set wake plate till the water is dark and full looking.

Generally i put 1 person in the bow and 1 person in the rear corner.

Nice wave for stock and learning on i think.

Now i am planning on upgrading my bags and such but this is my set up for a LSV stock GIII system.

I don't think you will get those huge waves with a nice curl on it untill you upgrade, the boat just doesn't displace that much water stock, its a lot better then most stock but you have to get near 2K ballast to get big waves.

I had a 10 person crew 2 weekends ago and the wave was insane, we had a very experienced surfer with us and he really liked the wave and the boat was ridding dirty < looked like we slammed her like a low rider >

skiav8
06-06-2009, 01:51 PM
We are still learning, but here is what we have come up with:

Rear locker full (gravity 3)
Center floor locker full
I fill 2 550lb sacs and put them on the rear seat in the
appropriate corner. I tried to put one up front and and that makes the
wave longer too.
Wakeplate at 3/4 nose up
atleast 5 people in the boat all on the riders side
One person sitting on top of the locker on the riders side
10.5- 11.5 mph

It makes a sweet wave but you definately have to play around with it. Each time out we have come up with a different setup so it depends on the conditions too.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h93/skiav8/IMG_0124.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h93/skiav8/IMG_0150.jpg

mmandley
06-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Thats a good looking wave man.

Well have to be careful here about anyone on the back of the sun deck over the lockers. The Sheriff will stop you and give you chit about that here. Anyone thats been on the water when im around knows the Patrol loves to come stop me and chat for some reason or another LOL.

I'm sure the warning sign im there doesn't help, 370hp 06 F150 4x4 with duel Flow masters and 4inch collector pipes.

Can you say loud? You can generally hear me a block away when the boat is hooked up. GF can hear me 1/4 mile away at night when i come home for dinner.

Just noticed your in Portland to man. Where was those surfing pics at? On the Willy?

Another thing i learned is water depth plays a big part in your wave, if your in some shallow water like 15 ft or so and then drop to 50ft+ the wave will get steeper and better looking too.

newty
06-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Lake Norman Moomba,
The general set-up for most on this board is to upgrade the 400's in the rear to 750's. then take one of you 400's and lay in in the walkthrough in the bow above the factory 400 in the floor.
Then if you really want to get crazy put the other 400 on the seat on the side your surfing on. This will make a nice tall, long wave.
I personally run the enzo sac that is rated for 1400# but with the seat size I only get about 1100, then I lay a 600 in the walk-through. Then pile the people in. The best thing about this set-up is there is only one bag on the floor and its really not in the way of people sitting down.

Heres the wake with 4 people and the enzo bag set-up.

http://reactsurf.com/gallery/1

newty
06-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Yea but we can fit more that 3 people in our boats!;)

newty
06-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Sooo. we did the same thing. Upgraded a bag, oh and we added a bag. No wait we didn't add a bag we just used the old one in a different place! Where's the effort in that?:p

moombadaze
06-07-2009, 04:25 PM
I feel sorry for you LSV guys. So much effort to produce a simple surf wave :)

I just use the stock 300 lb in the front and a 750 in the rear corner.

9.8 mph.

If you can't ride forever on this wave, well....give up and go home.

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=27&pictureid=1406

We went surfing this morning and I had the same set up--750lb in rear corner and front bag filled. I think our waves are just about the same. I dont allways fill the other 700-800 lbs up.

newty
06-07-2009, 04:31 PM
He Ed, you ought to fly out for our Portland Moomba Jam? Check out some React boards and see how the other half of the states live?

newty
06-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Kidding We'd love to have you out. Maybe next year.