PDA

View Full Version : 03 mobius ls ballast problem

wakeskate9
06-04-2009, 06:22 PM
my rear ballast eill not empty when filled and the pump turns on to unfill but nothing happens!
help!!!

mmandley
06-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Pull the pump out and check the lower section for clogs. If its clean you can try bench testing it. Take a 12v battery and hook the pump to it and put the pump in a bucket of water.

If no glory that way, replace the pump. Its sucks because it doesn't suck.

HaulnSS
06-08-2009, 11:06 AM
my rear ballast eill not empty when filled and the pump turns on to unfill but nothing happens!
help!!!

I had this problem on my 03 Mobius. I actually changed my hose setup, I ran the filler hose to the top of the ballast and the empty hose out one of the overflow holes. This has worked a lot better for me.

ToddXLV
06-08-2009, 11:24 AM
I had this problem on my 03 Mobius. I actually changed my hose setup, I ran the filler hose to the top of the ballast and the empty hose out one of the overflow holes. This has worked a lot better for me.

Please explain what you mean out of one of the overflow holes. I am having problems draining my left rear.

jasonwm
06-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Your drain pump should ideally be connected to the bottom port on the tank/bag in order for optimum draining.

Please explain what you mean out of one of the overflow holes. I am having problems draining my left rear.
Todd, can you take a pic of your rear bag setup that shows where the pump is? I think we can fix your problem pretty easily, I just want to make sure it's what I expect.

ToddXLV
06-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Your drain pump should ideally be connected to the bottom port on the tank/bag in order for optimum draining.

Todd, can you take a pic of your rear bag setup that shows where the pump is? I think we can fix your problem pretty easily, I just want to make sure it's what I expect.

Jason, I will do that right now. Give me about 20 mins. Thanks bro.

ToddXLV
06-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Jason, here is a picture of my left rear ballast sack fill and drain points. I just emptied the remaining water out of it by lifting up on the sack and putting my knees into it. I am sick of doing that.

I also included a few pictures of my 2006 XLV and my truck, the critical setup.

jasonwm
06-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Nice setup! Any chance you can take a pic of the hose and pump on the other side of the engine divider?

ToddXLV
06-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Nice setup! Any chance you can take a pic of the hose and pump on the other side of the engine divider?

Hehehe, yeah that would help ya a little more. Sorry Jason, I will do that in the morning before we take off to the lake. We're going to mainly surf tomorrow so we need the left ballast full most of the day. I really need 2-3 heavy dudes on that back corner to give us a good wave. I'm going to have 2 dudes (me and my friend, we both weigh 225+) and 2 girls. Josie is a kick ass wakesurfer so she is going to benefit from us sitting on the corner. I'm really getting into wakesurfing, it's a lot more chill. I slightly sprained my ankle last Thursday landing a jump on the nose of the board. Even after I sprained my ankle I wakesurfed 2 different sets. I find it relaxing.