PDA

View Full Version : What do you pay for yearly service?

ajsboat
06-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Time for me to do my yearly service and don't have to time or will power to do it myself.

What do you guys normally pay and what do you get done? Maybe oil change, trans fluid change, impeller, fuel filter, etc. What is necessary?

Adam

kaneboats
06-04-2009, 03:14 PM
About $35 at Kaneboats Marina, Wings, Yeungs and Palm Reading.

yearround
06-04-2009, 04:00 PM

i will be there in October for service. don't really need the Yeungs, but the palm reading may be quite helpful.

oh, i forgot, it will cost me $2000 to get there, i guess i should cancel my service appointment.

ajsboat
06-04-2009, 04:37 PM

Thanks for the help.

sandm
06-04-2009, 04:49 PM
keep hearing of this yueng thing, but haven't been able to find it yet. it is very elusive out here in the pac northwest...

I would expect to pay around 2-3 bills for all fluid changes, impeller and fuel filter..
it cost me $249 for my last winterization including oil change, fog, impeller and ballast winterization(waste of money imo). add another $50 for fuel filter.

there are other threads that detail the hours of service and what to have done. search for those, and I believe there is a pdf floating around here somewhere that has a chart with checks that make it easy...

mmandley
06-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Yes Sandm is right on target.

20hr service i just paid for, pick her up tomorrow.

oil change
trans change
impeller change
check engine trans alignment
check shaft seal
tight all mounting hardware, tower and check all electronics
few other little things.

100hr service is the 20hr plus fuel filter and a few other things they wouldnt tell me about at the time but it is 500

Winterization - 150 includes drain all water, fog engine, disconnect all pipping that had water in it.

Summerization 100 - reconnect all tubing, change oil, and run engine for basic testing.

I don't have the complete list of each service but yea its expensive and there's plenty of posts and threads on what and how to do most of this stuff yourself.

I paid for the 20hr service since the boat is brand new. I don't know if i can swallow the 100hr service and rest of the services. I have a pretty solid mechanical background working at Ford for so long and my degree is in electrical engineering so i tinker a bit in that.

sandm
06-04-2009, 07:11 PM
we pay for the winterization and get the oil changed at that time, then in the spring, just dump in the lake and start... no need to pay for summerization if they connect all the pipes again once drained..

guessing since the op is on florida, he won't ever need any of that, just basic maintenance.
in that case, can't really call it yearly service, but more like a car, but with hrs instead of miles....

jester
06-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Mike,
Well i do not like the 100 hour service price. That is not nice. I am at 85 hours right now and i really don't like that. Hummm i might have to do my own 100 hour service. Anyone have a how too for 100 hour service?

mmandley
06-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Yea Jester i about fell over when they told me that price. I was like do i get a reach around too? My arse is sure sore.

All it sounded like they do extra is the impeller, fuel filter, maybe a new belt, and then change all the fluids again. When i pick her up tomorrow im going to ask for a break down and if they cant provide one then i am not even going near that service.

I know the service manager is a new guy to the service manager role and is still sorting some things out there but he is a nice feller.

tazz3069
06-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Mine was $345.00 They did the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, tanny fluid, check the plugs.

Razzman
06-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Full service at winterization to include filters and fluids ~ $185

ajsboat
06-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Mine was $345.00 They did the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, tanny fluid, check the plugs.

Thanks. That didn't include the impeller right?
Adam

tazz3069
06-04-2009, 08:34 PM
no. It did not include the prop. If you are refering to the impellor for the water pump, I did that myself. $32.00

sandm
06-04-2009, 08:36 PM
$62 here for impeller installed. will do myself next time..

mmandley
06-04-2009, 08:38 PM
There telling me i need to replace the impeller at the 100Hr service.

I thought as long as you replaced it each season your good to go. Id like to think if your running the boat that often it will last the season.

Its the sitting for 6+ months and it drying out that makes it fail no?

Razzman
06-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Not neccessarily Mike, my brother-in-law ran his for 4 years! Some people will pull it at the end of season and bag it in vaseline until spring. I've never done that. Some people replace it every year. I've never done that. I'm on the same one from last year and it works fine, doesn't mean i don't have a spare though. Heat & debris is mostly what kills them.

That's the reason i anchor out from shore & start out there so i don't suck sand and such into the impellar and never run the boat in close or into lake weed. Now an old one can crack over time but seriously there's no reason to replace every year unless you do a lot of hours.

Razzman
06-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Btw my dealer also concurred with my assesment after i explained it to him.

Waynes345
06-04-2009, 09:55 PM
There telling me i need to replace the impeller at the 100Hr service.

I thought as long as you replaced it each season your good to go. Id like to think if your running the boat that often it will last the season.

Its the sitting for 6+ months and it drying out that makes it fail no?

If you change the impeller every year for $35 yourself, tell the dealer to stuff it. Somebody else said the dealer "checks the plugs". What do they check? Change those every year your self as well. A set for my boat was like $25. Do the easy stuff yourself and save the money for when something breaks.

jester
06-04-2009, 10:41 PM
The Plugs would be easy to do all you need to know is the gap and i bet someone on the form knows that. How hard is the impeller to replace? Sounds like it is easy? Changing the oil should be easy?
You know i think we should put together a how too book on the services. I think the hardest part is finding where everything is located. Also put a ranking on how hard it is too do for an average person.

ajsboat
06-04-2009, 10:59 PM
The Plugs would be easy to do all you need to know is the gap and i bet someone on the form knows that. How hard is the impeller to replace? Sounds like it is easy? Changing the oil should be easy?
You know i think we should put together a how too book on the services. I think the hardest part is finding where everything is located. Also put a ranking on how hard it is too do for an average person.

Sound goods to me.

KurtL
06-05-2009, 02:44 AM
New dealer here in Montana was $215 to winterize (no fluid changes, no impeller). Summerize was $205 and they forgot to hook up ballast quick connect. Again no fluid change,........feeling abused.

Waynes345
06-05-2009, 11:05 AM
New dealer here in Montana was $215 to winterize (no fluid changes, no impeller). Summerize was $205 and they forgot to hook up ballast quick connect. Again no fluid change,........feeling abused.

I would be feeling abuse as well. What did they do for $200 if they didn't change fuilds in either winter or summer? Just drain the block? That's a ripoff.

jester
06-05-2009, 12:17 PM
I would also feel abused. my service department did winterize /fuilds/ 50 hour service for around $215 and i kind of felt abused on that.

mmandley
06-05-2009, 05:05 PM
50hr service?

Whats that? AWS didnt mention a 50hr service.

I was told the only real service i need is the 20, 100, winter and summer services.

Change my fluids each year, and change the impeller each summer.

Unless i run more then 100 hr in 1 season i dont need to change the oil except once in a season.

KurtL
06-06-2009, 01:38 AM
mmandley,
AWS is a great dealer, wish I had access to a dealer like them close by.

mmandley
06-06-2009, 05:24 AM
Yea i realy like AWS. Im prolly not the easiest person to deal with when it comes to my Truck and my Boat.

I ask a ton of questions, i expect top notch service. I hold you to every word you say and im very forward if i think your yanking my chain.

AWS has been great they worked with me since jan when i met them at the Portland Boat show. They held the boat i wanted, delivered it on time, and they fixed every flaw i managed to find. Not that there was a lot but a few small things.

Not to mention i go down there at least once a week it seems LOL.

Couldnt ask for a better boat dealer to deal with.

Props to

Matt Rad G Manager
Gerry O Sales Manager
Matt Service Manager
Sean Fitz Sales guy
Kaylin Sales guy for the surf lessons.

Great gorup of guys down there.

Ohh yea and most important

Warren for almost giving away a boat to me. I made out pretty sweet on my boat deal. Thanks to you all.

deerfield
06-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Time for me to do my yearly service and don't have to time or will power to do it myself.

What do you guys normally pay and what do you get done? Maybe oil change, trans fluid change, impeller, fuel filter, etc. What is necessary?

Adam

Adam - Here's what I paid and had done:

Twenty-Hour Service - No Charge
October 2007 Winterize - No Charge
April 2008 Summerize - $139.10
October 2008 Winterize - $248.93
May 2009 Summerize - $134.94

Winterize service includes oil change, ballast system, and heater. Summerize is simply a matter of putting everything back together and making sure the boat is running fine. I'm in and out of the dealdership in about an hour and a half.

My boat is an '07 Outback. The first two services (20-hour and '07 winterize) were NC as part of the incentive package to purchase the boat.

I'm okay paying a professional to maintain my boat and keep it worry-free for me. All the work is done at the dealer from which I bought my Outback. It has the service record and stands behind the work.

Hope this helps. - Deerfield

slowlearner
06-12-2009, 05:17 PM
I paid almost 600 a year for two years of winterization. Then my dad finds a guy to come to his place and winterize his old cabin cruiser with a washroom and everything for a hundred dollars. That was two different dealers in two different provinces that charged me that much.