PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Remote not working

ICWater
06-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Last summer I purchased an '06 Outback V. The stereo remote was not working when I purchased the boat and the dealer was not sure what was wrong with it.
The remote is a Gecko with the Kenwood CD. After wedging myself into the compartment under the stereo I discovered that the blue wire with the white stripe leading to the remote was never connected. I connected the wire and thought I had the problem fixed.
The remote still does not work. I checked at the remote and the red wire and now the blue both have power to them.

Any suggestions? Is there anything on the stereo to activate the remote?:rolleyes: Should be an easy fix but I am stumped!

WKESK8
06-06-2009, 07:16 PM
I am having the exact same problem on my '07 Outback V i have traced the wires the best i could and i don't see any obvious issues. Any suggestions anyone??

mmandley
06-06-2009, 07:20 PM
The reason the dealer doesn't know anything is most likely because they don't install the stereo's in most boats.

The dealer should still man up and tell you where to take it or just fix it and charge you, or give it to you free if it wasn't working when you bought it.

Best idea is take it to a stereo shop unfortunately. Or buy new remotes that way you get a wire diagram of how to install them.

ICWater
06-07-2009, 08:21 AM
I am going to try a new remote. Really need to get it working. Digging in the compartment to adjust the Stereo is a pain.

ICWater
06-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Had a tech from my local stereo shop have a look at it for me. He told me that the deck is not remote compatible.
The deck that I have is a Kenwood KDC 3028. What is in other boats from 2006?
The remote that I have is a Gecko TDC 55

I am wondering if someone swapped the deck?:confused: