PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass Stargazer

dtlaine
06-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Has anyone installed the PP Stargazer on a 2007+ model? I have an '07 OBV, and I'm planning to purchase the Stargazer soon. I'm interested in how difficult it is to install and how you like it. I have the Moomba Cruise, and I'm just over it.

Any ideas about where to buy it? So far, purchasing directly from PP seems to be the cheapest.

Thanks.

tazz3069
06-04-2009, 10:29 AM
I have it and installed it myself. Took all of about 30 min from start to finish. One thing you need to look for is another connector tucked up in your mess of wires. i say this because I used the one that was hooked up to the Speedo and Moomba cruise, and nothing worked. When i was looking under the dash, I found another cluster of wires with the same connector on it. After pluging that in, everything works perfect m\now. i have not had any problems with it at all.
Tazz

maxpower220
06-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Either buy from PP or try "skier to skier". Last year, they were $50 cheaper, not sure about this year.

dtlaine
06-04-2009, 08:47 PM
I sent Skier to Skier an email for pricing. I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks.

tlatoani
06-05-2009, 01:03 AM
onlyinboards.com was cheap and worked with me when there was an issue. I recommend them.

The install is no big deal.

dtlaine
06-16-2009, 09:52 PM
I ended up ordering directly from PP on Fri AM. It showed up on Monday afternoon. They charged $1049 including shipping. I am going to install it Saturday. I'm looking forward to riding behind it this weekend.

dtlaine
06-22-2009, 10:44 PM
The installation was simple. The system works very well. I am 100% satisfied.

Sled491
06-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Did you have PP already?

dtlaine
06-23-2009, 11:55 AM
No. I just had the Moomba Cruise. If I could have found the plug by the motor as quickly as I should have been able to, it would have taken less than 30 mins. I have a 2007, so it's DBW and pre-wired for Perfect Pass. It's literally two plugs under the dash. Taking the old speedometer out was probably the single most difficult thing to do, and that's just because it has five nuts on the back that are difficult to get to. I used a needle-nose pliers and my fingers to unscrew them.

It's worth every dime.

Sled491
06-24-2009, 08:20 PM
I have an 07, but I ordered mine with PP so no issues. Just curious about the star gazer if I should upgrade.

dtlaine
06-25-2009, 12:51 PM
I have only used it for wakeboarding. It has a slalom mode, but it requires some calibration. I don't ski, so I haven't played with it. For some reason, I think it uses the paddlewheel for the slalom mode. I don't know why else calibration would be required. It also has an RPM mode, which they recommend over the wakeboard mode for skiing. Of course, that wouldn't use the GPS at all.

dtlaine
09-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Don....does the stargazer really use the paddle wheel in wakeboard mode?

If so, what's the advantage of having it over the regular wakeboard pro?

It definitely uses GPS for wakeboard mode. To be honest, I haven't played w/ any of the other modes. I tried to set the RPM mode for 750 RPM for cruising around the canals in my neighborhood, but it has a floor of 1500 RPM (or something thereabout).