PDA

View Full Version : anyone have pics of 750lb sac in rear of Outback V?

McMoomba
06-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Anyone have pics of 750lb sac in rear of 2006-2008 Outback V or pre 2005 LSV? I just want to see before buying. Thanks in advance.

jasonwm
06-04-2009, 03:03 AM
I don't have one in an Outback V, but here is a pic in an '07 LSV. As you can see, it essentially completely fills the rear locker on this bigger boat, so it's going to be pretty big for the rear locker of an Outback.

It will work fine, but some people are afraid of having a bag that is so oversized for the space it's going in. In reality it doesn't matter because the bag will just fill to the volume of the locker. If that bothers you though, the Gravity Games rear bags are a much better fit in the smaller lockers of the Outback V.

mmandley
06-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Jason and Ed

That 750 looks like it only goes in the locker. Does it not extend under the ear seats at all?

My stock bags go from the back of the locker where the fill and drain lines are about 1 ft under the rear corner seats. Basicaly on the Port side theres about 1 foot of room from the bag to the cooler.

Is the 750 completly in the rear locker will filled or is it bunched up in that pic?

mmandley
06-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Awesome thanks Ed. I noticed that bag was empty and thats why i was wondering how far forward it extended.

Generaly all our gear is in the lockers, 3 wake boards, 7 vests, 1 wake surfboard, 1 tomcat tube and 1 rador tube. Then when on the water the 4 boards come out and we move the tubes around depending on weight distribution.

Good to know it doesnt put to much presure on the side covers to the engine, i hadnt thought about that.

JesseC
06-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Anyone have pics of 750lb sac in rear of 2006-2008 Outback V or pre 2005 LSV? I just want to see before buying. Thanks in advance.

I have the 400 or 450 v-drive sacs in my 02 LSV which should be the same as what you are looking for. I will take some pics this weekend of the bags full. There is not any clearance for a much larger bag. In the rear they are about an inch from the fiberglass and almost all the way to the front and rear of the compartment. In the older lsv's and Vs you can not put the sac under the seats at all. The gunwales are just too low.

moombadaze
06-04-2009, 02:29 PM
mmandley, the flyhigh 750lb bag will fit perfectly in the rear lockers on either side of the engine, they do not go up under the seats. When full of water you will still be able to put a couple life jacketss on top of the bag

csm
06-04-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't have any pics, but I have a 750# fly high in my 2005 LSV. It's definitely a tight fit, and I had to extend the fill hose by about 12 inches, but it works great for me. I probably get about 650# in the bag, but then there's just nowhere left for it to go.

It goes under the seat a little, but not too much. And I haven't had any problems with it putting pressure on the side compartment of the engine. Just make sure you take a look in your locker for anything sticking out. I had a screw poking out that would have popped the bag pretty easily I imagine, so I put about 4 rubber thread protectors on it.

c.rix
06-04-2009, 05:30 PM
I got one in my 07 obv It fits good !!! all I did was switched the center fill line and left fill line / control wires
it gave the length I needed for the bigger bag

It fills the compartment full but I am pretty sure im getting the full 750 since the rub rail sits at water level it never did that with the 400 and my 250 lb buddy sitting on the corner

I also cut the cooler out and put the stock 400 under the left seats that I dont think is getting full though the seat just isnt tall enough

mmandley
06-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks Moombadaze,

Thanks everyone also for the input. I really don't want to cut out the cooler as i know im going to upgrade boats in a few years. We really bought this one as a maiden voyage boat to get into water sports and see how much we really liked it. This may be the only boat we own for a long time never know, but i don't want to do a modification like a cooler removal when i cant put it back in. Once its gone its gone.

Ill get a 750 and put some people on that side and if that wake isnt big enough then ill suffer a little i guess. Right now im just not hard core enough to run bags threw all my storage =)

Now ask me in a season or two and i may say different lol.

c.rix
06-05-2009, 04:10 PM
the cooler in my outback v was worthless anyway so the choice wasnt all that hard for me to make

JesseC
06-05-2009, 04:27 PM
the cooler in my outback v was worthless anyway so the choice wasnt all that hard for me to make

Worthless??? Where do you put your empty beer cans and cherry pits?

kaneboats
06-05-2009, 04:55 PM
And toss your gnawed clean wings?

McMoomba
06-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the input, I have a spare 600lb that I am going to try now and probably order a 750 in the future. I think the 400 is great for wakeboarding but definately need more for surfing. It never ends................

moombadaze
06-06-2009, 02:49 PM
It never ends................

so true, so true

Cooler was worthless to me, Ice would just melt and i really dont like ballast bags out, we mainly surf so after a little thinking and out the cooler came.

McMoomba
06-06-2009, 02:54 PM
I am with you on hiding bags, we are all goofy so I probably will end up putting what additional I can under seat behind driver.

mmandley
06-06-2009, 06:41 PM
How did you cut out the cooler? With a rotary tool? What about the drain from the cooler to bilge?