PDA

View Full Version : RPM or Speed mode on Perfect Pass?

buzcoats
06-03-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm new to perfect pass. Just wondering what most people use when pulling wakeboarders and skiers - RPM or Speed?

Also, when pulling people out of the water, on my old boat (way underpowered) I would take up the slack and then go full throttle. How to you guys do it? Thanks,

Buddy
2004 XLV

SEARK
06-03-2009, 01:42 PM
I have PP set for speed. When pulling someone up I just take the slack out and ease into it after that. Really no need to gun it with these boats, there's plenty of power. Do it a few times and you'll get the right feel for it.

jester
06-03-2009, 01:53 PM
I also pull with the speed setting. Using PP is simple for any driver and allows for the same speed on every run.

mmandley
06-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Well i dont have PP but when i pull people out of the water,

Put boat in idle till rope it tight, this allows them to get into position, they say go-hit it- lets to do it- you get the idea

Then i apply the power steady up to plane and then adjust to the speed they said they want to go before we started.

Only time ive had issues is when they are way off to one side of the boat when we start, it works the same but the boat till try to steer in one direction to center its self with the skier.

A few passes and you will know how much power to use. When someone uses too much power in these boats the rope generally flys out of the skiers hands. Too little and the skier will yell about being dragged LOL.

maxpower220
06-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Speed for wakeboarding and surfing. RPM will probably be better for those skiing above 32mph.

buzcoats
06-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Speed it is then. Thanks guys.

NCSUmoomba
06-04-2009, 12:18 PM
I used the speed (wakeboard mode) for both wakeboarding and slalom skiing. I was using the slalom mode previously, but it is frustrating to have to recalibrate it everytime I go out (which I don't) and then the speeds are incorrect. I have used the Wake mode up to 28 mph and it seems to do fine.

newty
06-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Max Power has it exactly!