PDA

View Full Version : The Hull truth and nothing but the truth-LSV

moombamania
06-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Well.... have been out of boating for about 4 years now. Had a 2000 Outback LS with cage/ballast and loved her.

Looking to get back into a "New To Me" Mobius LSV and have a couple questions I can't search out. We are wakeboarder's with an occasional open slalom run. Never tried surfing but might give it a go.

I believe there was a hull change in 2006! What was that change and it's result to handling & wakeboard wake.

The only two concerns/problems I had with OB was some spider cracks around cage and rear deck and bad window flex in chop (allowing center window to fall through). Do any of those hold true with different years of LSV

Currently looking at 2005's and up

Thanks

tprkolbas
06-02-2009, 02:40 PM
i had an 05 ls and now have an 08 lsv. i'm not a skier, but i don't think the lsv is a good boat for "good" slalom skiers. the wake is just to big, IMO. great wake for boarding and great wake for surfing (if weighted right).

i can't speak specifically on the hull change other than i know that there was one starting with the 06 models, like you mentioned.

mmandley
06-02-2009, 03:21 PM
For the Hull if im correct is the V hull was made Deeper in the water and the Flat section was changed a bit to produce were width for better wakes.

As for Sking this is were the LS and the LSV differ by design and rightfully so.

LS weight is more centered in the boat making less of a wake and it was designed as a primary ski boat and as a secondary wake board boat.

LSV weight is more in the back of the boat and the wake is much more defined for wake boarding but can double as a good ski boat when ran with no ballast.

LS excellent ski boat. very decent wake board boat.
LSV excellent wake board boat and very decent ski boat.

Have to decide what you want to do more ski or wake or if you want an engine in the middle of the boat or the back of the boat.

jmvotto
06-02-2009, 04:49 PM
You sholud be able to search many threads on here. DD vs v drive etc. It has been pro'd and con'd to death. but helpful discussion for sure The lsv changed in 06 as well as the obv changed in 09

cab13367
06-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Welcome back! The 2006 & newer LSV is a completely different boat than the 2005 and prior. It's longer, deeper, and holds more people. The 2006 - 2008 Outback V is the same boat as the pre-2006 LSV.

Hope that answers your question.

Al

Well.... have been out of boating for about 4 years now. Had a 2000 Outback LS with cage/ballast and loved her.

Looking to get back into a "New To Me" Mobius LSV and have a couple questions I can't search out. We are wakeboarder's with an occasional open slalom run. Never tried surfing but might give it a go.

I believe there was a hull change in 2006! What was that change and it's result to handling & wakeboard wake.

The only two concerns/problems I had with OB was some spider cracks around cage and rear deck and bad window flex in chop (allowing center window to fall through). Do any of those hold true with different years of LSV

Currently looking at 2005's and up

Thanks

alex56
06-02-2009, 11:23 PM
we have an 0'8 lsv with the wakeplate all the way down and at about 30mph the wake is a perfect ski wake

moombamania
06-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Thanks everybody for the great replies..... As much as I loved my Outback back in the day, we just wakeboard wayyyy to much to not get a bigger wake. It will definately be a Mobius LSV this go around as we like the size / freeboard and now the understanding of the hull differences.

Looks like it's 2006 or better for us.

Form&Function
06-03-2009, 12:40 PM
The modern lsv has grown by leaps and bounds over the last few years along with the other moomba boats.If you where happy with your oldschool you will be very happy with a newer one.