PDA

View Full Version : need a little help for a friend

moombadaze
06-01-2009, 09:55 PM
He would like to get a little bigger boat-has a 03 lsv now. Issue is the garage height. He's looking at a 06-08 lsv sitting on a single axle trailer. Does anybody know how high the tower hinge point when the tower is folded back and down if the tounge jack is all the way down. Were talking about a 1/4 inch could make or break a deal. He has talked to a local mastercraft dealer and the dealer let him take a used x2 home and try that and it just barely made it.

My boat is on a double axle trailer so that wont work. But we may try it this weekend just to see.

Thanks

mmandley
06-02-2009, 02:10 AM
The exact height? No Not positive but all LSVs single or duel with the tower folded down will clear a 7ft opening. This is the standard garage door opening. If its that close then the best i can give you is 6.10 because mine clears with a couple inches clearance and the mirror has to come off or it rubs the weather strip on the top of the garage door opening.

Reese350
06-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Mine is on the lift already so I can't get you an exact height but I can tell you that I get it into a standard garage door every year when I store it. It is REALLY tight but we always find a way to get it in. We've never had to do it but we could also let the air out of the tires if necessary to get another inch or two.

moombadaze
06-02-2009, 07:22 AM
His garage door has 82" of clearance. This is what he has to work with.

kaneboats
06-02-2009, 09:15 AM
I think I know who this friend is. Anyway, please tell him to make sure the garage door opener is opening the door all the way. I know mine could probably be adjusted to raise up another inch or two but I don't need the clearance . . . yet.

moombadaze
06-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Pat, we had to disconect the door opener and push the door further back/open and hold it there with a scewdriver to fit that x2 in there. I told him about a used lsv that the orlando dealer has and i think if he know's 110% that it would fit he would try and get another Moomba.

kaneboats
06-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Well, I should have known you'd be on top of it. Here's hoping it's another MOOMBA!

zabooda
06-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Haul the boat from the dealer and try.

kaneboats
06-02-2009, 10:15 AM
I believe he said it's in Orlando. It's a couple hours each way if they'd even let you do it.

tazz3069
06-02-2009, 11:20 AM
My 07' LSV fits in a standard 2 car garage. Fold the tower down relaese the garage door, so it caqn be pushed up higher, and a little patience. it will fit.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x13/tazz3069/CIMG2459.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x13/tazz3069/CIMG2460.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x13/tazz3069/CIMG2462.jpg

I hope this helps with his decision on purchasing another LSV. I wish it was the end of the season. I am probably going to sell mine to upgrade to an XLV or a Supra SS24V

Razzman
06-02-2009, 11:27 AM
I know mine on a double axle is 88" to the hinge point with the trailer level on the jack.

kaneboats
06-02-2009, 11:36 AM
I say take the dang garage door off if you have to or let some air out of the tires. It's the boat for goodness sake. Hey, maybe cut some grooves in the concrete floor for the tires to ride in.

zabooda
06-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Go with the Mastercraft as that has been proven to work. If the Moomba dealer is interested in a sale, he needs to show that it will fit through an 82" opening. Not rocket science but it may make a difference in making a sale. That is how you seperate good businesses from others.

mmandley
06-02-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm telling you, ill guarantee you, it even says it in the Moomba Sales book for all LSVs they were designed to fit in the standard 7foot garage door. No need to modify the door, no need to unhinge the door, it fits. You have to take the mirror off, 1 hand screw on the back of the mirror, it takes 15 seconds.

Fold the tower down and it will fit with clearance. It is tight but the hinge will not hit. If its a single door then the garage door opener is another question.

If you have a 8foot door then the boat will fit with no issues at all. Trust me. I have a 1970 Ranch house and 2xs a week my boat comes out and goes into the garage. It has a 7ft door. I know this because i spent 2500 to convert my 2 single door garage to a 1 double wide door and had to get a 7ft by 18.5ft door custom made.

moombadaze
06-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Ed, nope I dont think he has contacted Bob, I was telling him about a used 06 lsv that was on boat trader.

mmandley-I also have a lsv sittin on a double axle trailer and my garage door is 83.5" clearance-now I can use the truck to back it in and it is tight, Something you may want to look into-I have a monster tower mirror arm that removes with a quick release its rock solid and very easy to remove-2 seconds max time.

moombadaze
06-02-2009, 05:39 PM
I say take the dang garage door off if .

Well his house does have a 4-sale sign in front of it now

moombadaze
06-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Go with the Mastercraft as that has been proven to work. If the Moomba dealer is interested in a sale, he needs to show that it will fit through an 82" opening. Not rocket science but it may make a difference in making a sale. That is how you seperate good businesses from others.

this mastercraft dealer is 5 minutes away- i think he has screwed himself out of the deal anyway, the Moomba dealer-that has a used lsv- is 2 hrs away and that is the only issue with them-distance. Ive had personal deallings with them and they are top notch people---just wish they were closer.

zabooda
06-03-2009, 10:48 AM
I see. I would recommend doing as Ed has suggested and have a person prep the Moomba for a garage and take measurements. If there are things the person had to do to meet the 82" restriction then the buyer would need to know that.