PDA

View Full Version : group buy on ballast

98outback
06-01-2009, 07:42 PM
I would like to see how many people would be interested in a group buy on fly hig fat sacs. If there is enough interest I am going to work on a couple different companies to see if we can get a group buy. I dont consider 10% off good enough for a group buy. Let me know what you think.

Just a list of people interested

1. 98outback
2. mmandley
3. volfo
4. kelsey

mmandley
06-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I would be interested in some 750s for my rear lockers. I would like to stay with Fat sacs brand that my boat came with so keep the connects the same.

So anything below that would perk my interest.

Im in no hurry so i dont mind waiting if we need to.

98outback
06-01-2009, 08:32 PM
what is aws? Thats a great deal for 2 750lber's. I would just buy from them. Let me know so I can purchase some myself. Thanks

sandm
06-01-2009, 08:48 PM
yea, my single 750 was $175 from our local shop..

mmandley
06-01-2009, 08:57 PM
I can look into seeing what i can do for prices.

98outback
06-01-2009, 09:04 PM
How about you just buy 4 bags andthen i will send you the money for 2 of them? Can you take paypal? Does AWS stand for active water sports in oregon?

mmandley
06-01-2009, 09:22 PM
If they have 4 i can do that and was thinking along those lines.

I

jasonwm
06-02-2009, 02:11 AM
Matt is definitely hooking you up at 100/bag!

We would of course love to be in the consideration for hosting a group buy, so please let me know who I should talk to in order to set things up.

We can't do quite as well as Mike's deal (we do have to actually make some money, and shipping is spendy with gas going up), but we'll make it worth everyone's while.

mmandley
06-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Well let me go by AWS tomorrow and make sure thats really the deal. I mean now you all got me second guessing it saying how good a deal it is LOL.

I'll go buy tomorrow and double check maybe it was only 1 bag, and i misunderstood.

98outback
06-02-2009, 06:26 AM
I know that you can buy the bags for 150.00 online all day with free shipping. Boardersmall.com said they would give me 10% off of 2 of them. Thats not that great of a deal.

Wakemakers
Im not sure if I can get a group buy setup on this forum or if you will have to speak to ED G. I am just gauging interest to see how many people would be in on it. I will send him a PM and check with him. I dont want to step on any toes.

volfo
06-02-2009, 09:02 AM
I would probably buy a couple of bags . . . it sounds like everyone likes flyhigh but the sumo sacks seem to come in dimensions that would work better under my rear bench seat in my 01 LS

98outback
06-02-2009, 09:21 AM
I have emailed a couple companies and am waiting to hear back from them. As soon as I do I will post the info I recieve.

98outback
06-02-2009, 12:58 PM
I still have not heard back from any companies yet. Hopefully wakemaker can come thru for us. I know a lot of these companies are on the westcoast so they are probably just opening.

Kelsey
06-03-2009, 07:09 AM
I'm in for a couple 750's

98outback
06-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Still have not heard back from any of the companies. You would think they would want the business but I guess not.I will give it another day or 2 before I just pay up and buy locally.

98outback
06-03-2009, 09:21 AM
boardersmall.com sent me a generic email that just says thanks for checking out our site and yada yada. It was not a personal response and had nothing to do with my question about the group buy. I guess they are out of the running. I also read some bad info on another forum about one of the companies I emailed and will not mention the name yet. Maybe they will respond and try to help out.

volfo
06-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Didn't the guy from wakemakers indicate on this thread he would work with us? I need a pump too.

98outback
06-03-2009, 11:52 AM
He did. Im sure he is busy. Not everyone checks the board as much as some of us do.

98outback
06-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Jason from wakemakers has really stepped up with what I consider a great deal. No one else I have seen can match this. As soon as I speak to him via phone I will post it up.

volfo
06-03-2009, 01:43 PM
That's what I meant - the guy (jason) from wakemakers had already responded that he would work with us so give him some time before we give up.

I'd love to get his advice on what exactly I need. I'd like two bags and a pump. I'm going from no ballast at all and never done it or been in a boat that had it. My problem is that I have an '01 Outback LS and the stock system used a hardtank under the rear bench seat, which is where I'd like to start with the ballast, although I might also get one for the ski locker. While I don't have the exact measurements, and won't until this weekend, I think that rear bench seat space is only about 8 inches or so high by about 10 or so inches wide and nearly the length of the beam - probably close to 90 inches. I don't see any bags that fit that kind of space. I assume that the fly high 10 by 16 by 62 bag would be okay - and that it would work fine if I just don't fully inflate it, but I don't know. The new sumo sacs come in some better sizes, including an 8 by 16 by 60, an 8 by 16 by 45 and an 8 by 16 by 25. I might be able to get two bags in there together at that size. I guess I just need to talk to someone knowledgeable.

Jason feel free to PM me if you can work with me or if you have any ideas for my situation.

98outback
06-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Here is the deal. Jason is giving us a great deal on these sacs. Make sure that you spread the word on how great wakemakers.com is. He has asked that we not post the deal and spread the news online. This is a group buy / discount for moomba and supra owners. To get the details about the deal and how to go about your purchase send a PM to jasonwm. Pleae honor his request and not spread the discount code. I will be purchasing mine today.

Volfo
pm him adn he will help you out with everything you need.