PDA

View Full Version : Bindings and Board direction

mmandley
06-01-2009, 06:35 PM
I was noticing my buddy mounted his bindings on his board with according to the board left foot forward which is normal stance. When he comes up on the water he rides goofy footed. So technically the board to bindings is Switch.

Is there anything to this for dynamics? I know the boards are designed to go eighter way but i also noticed a lot of boards including the ones we all ride have a different cut on the top then the bottom.

in the pic. My buddies board is the Left most. His bindings would indicate he rides regular. But he come up in the water ridding goofy.

My board is center.

GFs board is right and she rides goofy all the time hince the bindings mounted goofy style

jjolson
06-01-2009, 07:50 PM
It appears that your buddies board is a Hyperlite Premiere and it does not matter which way his boots are mounted. It maybe a personal preference to him on whether he wants the people from the boat to see the graphic right side up or upside down during board grabs :)

mmandley
06-01-2009, 08:10 PM
yes his is a premiere, good point just thought is look into it.

kaneboats
06-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Most of the boards are symmetrical other than the graphics although I think I read about some boards having minor differences in their lines for riding goofy. I posted this link in another thread, but you can research specific models here:

http://www.wakeworld.com/Boardguide/

volfo
06-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Kane, you are right as far as I know. I know the Hyperlite State and the Ronix Vault are two boards that advertise different, assymetrical shapes to assist a rider on their "weakside" turns. So, with those boards, you should have the heels and the toes going a a certain way. I expect with most boards it doesn't matter.

kaneboats
06-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Kane, you are right as far as I know.

Those are words I never heard as a child or as a married man.