PDA

View Full Version : Launch ramp woes!

warwagon
06-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Well, Saturday when we came in for the evening I find the cap to my front bumper laying in front of my truck! No note no nothing. Just had my bumper repainted from a dear this winter. The class of some people amazes me!

Other than that, had two great days on the water!

mmandley
06-01-2009, 06:14 PM
WOW. You know i always worry about our rig too. People know your on the water and cant do a dam thing. Im realy sorry to hear about that man.

Does remind me of something we saw the other day that made me laugh our loud.

This older Nissan PU the ones they used to slam into low riders in the 90s. Well at first glace as she was driving up i saw some moderate damage to the front fender, i figured yea they didnt want to spend the money on it but no biggie. As she got closer i notices a 1x6 board cut and shaped as the factory bumper was and it was painted Silver to simulate chrome.

Man it was dam funny.

warwagon
06-01-2009, 06:41 PM
haha now that is custom!!!

Sled491
06-01-2009, 08:11 PM
WW, are you saying some one ripped your bumper cover off? Dude that bites big time! :(

warwagon
06-02-2009, 08:27 AM
yep, the pad on top of the bumper

98outback
06-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Saturday we were out fishing on my fathers 26 foot center console and came back up to the ramp and a person was loading their boat onto the trailer that had rollers and not bunks. Apparently they had no common sense because they did not hook the winch strap and decided to pull on out and as they started going the boat rolled off the trailer and slid right down the concrete ramp and back into the water. I waited to load until they were completely clear of the ramp.

kaneboats
06-02-2009, 09:11 AM
That one goes in the category of "Give "em plenty of room". You don't want to let them too close or their idiocy will rub off on you.

Sled491
06-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Saturday we were out fishing on my fathers 26 foot center console and came back up to the ramp and a person was loading their boat onto the trailer that had rollers and not bunks. Apparently they had no common sense because they did not hook the winch strap and decided to pull on out and as they started going the boat rolled off the trailer and slid right down the concrete ramp and back into the water. I waited to load until they were completely clear of the ramp.

that's just awsum. Too bad you didn't get video of this:)

98outback
06-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Also the other problem is some people that own boats should not. I know there are things you have to learn about them but then there is common sense. I started out with my used 1998 outback and worked up from there. My father also had a boat before he bought his brand new center console. Whats so bad is the persons boat looked brand new and I am sure if was over $100,000 boat.

kaneboats
06-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Part of the problem is that a person with a $100,000 boat probably has some smarts. But, they get to thinking that because they are smart about one or two things that makes them smart about everything. But that is not always the case. This guy could have learned something from the guy at the ramp witih the wooden bumper who has been boating for 30 years. Oh well, fiberglassers need to work too.

98outback
06-02-2009, 09:29 AM
I agree with ya kane.

Sled491
06-02-2009, 09:55 AM
There's smart and then there's common sense. There's being outgoing and then there's athletisism. While these seem similar they are all very different. I know people who go snomobile riding, but then there are those that drive the snowmobile, again very different. More apt for this board, there are people that go or own wakeboards, but there are people who can ride a wakeboard, not neccisarily the same thing.