PDA

View Full Version : WTB pump for sacks..

Wakeboard89
06-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Hello All,

I finally got all the sacks I need. My dad and I were going to plum them in, but it is taking longer than expected to do that. I would like to buy just the regular pumps that go in the water. I know it seems kind of newbish, but I just do not know what kind of pump it is. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Clay

tprkolbas
06-01-2009, 03:59 PM
i'm guessing you need a fly high tsunmai pump for the fly high fat sacs. check the classified adds on wakeworld.com - there has been some on there for sale within the last week. otherwise, you are going to pay $100 + shipping for a new one from the retailers.

kaneboats
06-01-2009, 04:32 PM
And they're right. The tsunami is the best one out there. The Rule 2000 is pretty dang good too. I have 2 of them and one only goes at 1/3 the speed of the other one. Have to take it apart and find out why. The old 500 pump I have is a joke.

Wakeboard89
06-01-2009, 05:01 PM
I like the fly high pumps, but yeah they are to expensive. I was wandering about just buying the fifty dollar pumps. Thanks for the help and the links. Ed I will send you pics soon of the ski still waiting on a front binder.

Sled491
06-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Ed, your old bags and pump work great. But is there a pump that works on those funky quick connect fittings? They just seem like they would cause less spillage. Can you just buy that adapter and add it to the pump I got from you?

Second, is the Tsumami faster than the 2000gph skylon pump?

jasonwm
06-02-2009, 02:02 AM
What connector you use depends on your bags, not on the pump. If your bags use the Blue waterbed fitting we put together this conversion kit (http://www.wakemakers.com/perfect-union-conversion.html) to allow you to use Fly High's Tsunami pump with them.

The Tsunami pump isn't an appreciable amount faster than the Skylon 2000GPH pump, but it is more convenient because it allows you to use their Quick Connect.

Sled491
06-02-2009, 07:50 AM
But the Tusnami is less money than the skylon 2000, so even if its only a little faster that's still a way better deal.

jasonwm
06-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Ah ha, thanks for the enlightenment Ed! Sled, the fitting you're talking about is Launch Pad's LINK system, and currently, the only way to use it is with their Uber pump.

Sled491
06-02-2009, 05:31 PM
So how is the Uber pump compared to the Tsunami or the big Skilon?

jasonwm
06-02-2009, 06:54 PM
6 one, half-dozen the other in terms of speed. But if you have Link fittings on your bag it's the way to go.

Wakeboard89
06-02-2009, 07:07 PM
ha ha I think I am a little young to drink beer, but I do not really care about how long it takes at this point. I just need a pump to fill the sacks for this summer. I can start filling as soon as we put it in the water. anyone got any used ones that work at all??