PDA

View Full Version : what brand of ballast

98outback
06-01-2009, 08:42 AM
What brand does everyone prefer for ballast and why. I am wanting to upgrade the rear bags on my supra v-drive. I know there is fly high, launch pad and also sumo made by launch pad. Which do people prefer and why? Also is there any othe rbrands out there? Where is the best place to buy these at?

Trashy
06-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Fly High is what comes in the Supra/Moomba boats, that is why most people stay with the Fly High bags when they do decide upgrade.

Razzman
06-01-2009, 09:33 AM
I'll say Fly High Extremes as well. Well constructed, no leaks and quick connect/disconnects are real nice to have!

mmandley
06-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Speaking of Fly Highs.

Razz, yesterday filled and drained the ballast, center was fine after i burped it yet again LOL.

Port side rear, filled fine but always leaves like 100lbs of water. Pumps always suck air it seams. I ended up unhooking the bag and holding it over the side of the boat to drain it all out.

Do you have this problem with draining? It just doesn't drain all the way down? Dealer said once i bleed the air out it works great but every time i use the system i have to burp and bleed it. The bags don't seem to have air in them when there full. They are hard to the touch and not squishy like air is.

Razzman
06-01-2009, 09:51 AM
I've never been able to totally drain the bags. When they get to the end i'll hoist 'em up and lay them across the sunpad so the water pools at the end and just let them do their thing. When i get home i'll unhook them and hang them off of the swimdeck to finish. Again i think it all goes back to not having vents!

98outback
06-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Where is the best place to buy these sacs? I have the stick 3 sac gravity games in my supra now. I would like the 750lbs for the rear. Im not sure what i have in teh fron now but I htink it is like 600. I have the playpen seating so it is under that.

98outback
06-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Should I just be able to switch my fittings over to the new bags? How fast is their shipping Ed? If I order today do you think they would be to jacksonville by friday or saturday?

Razzman
06-01-2009, 11:02 AM
If you currently have Fly High bags then the fitting are probably glued in. Imo it's just easier and not that much to just get new ones.

98outback
06-01-2009, 11:17 AM
I found some factory seconds for a really good deal and are still covered under the fly high warranty. What do you think would warrant these as factory seconds? If it is just cosmetic that is fine with me.

98outback
06-01-2009, 11:39 AM
I left a message with boarders mall. Hopefully they will call me back soon. I also called fly high and the prices were pretty much the same. After reading your post I will try to purchase from Tim at boarders mall if I get a return call. Hopefully he will still do me better pricing then what is on his site. I will purcahse new ones if they are not much more.

98outback
06-01-2009, 04:53 PM
He did give me a little bit of a discount but nothing compared to what you got. He said that the dal he was giving to the moomba forum was only o factory seconds. Not new sacs.

jasonwm
06-04-2009, 02:56 AM
fittings.

That could be a thread all to itself.

Fly-High adheres the fittings into the sac openings.

This is only on Skier's Choice products (OEM bags and Gravity Games upgrade bags) and is done at the request of Supra/Moomba. If your boat has Fly High Pro X Series Bags (not the older style bags with the blue waterbed fitting), it is easier to order two W736 fittings as others have mentioned in this thread. Those screw into the fittings on your bag and make it a direct replacement for the factory bags in your boat.