PDA

View Full Version : Figuring out wake for 08 OBV

McMoomba
05-31-2009, 07:20 PM
Well we are getting there, here is a pic of my 13 year old (first time). Center 400lbs, right, 400Lbs and wake plate 1/2 at around 10-11mph. I think a 750 would be the trick.

yearround
06-01-2009, 12:11 AM
looking great! first time too!

i put in a 650, because i liked the dimensions better than the 750.

jasonwm
06-01-2009, 01:48 AM
Looks great! The 565 fits great in the OBV, and along with a few hundred pounds in the bow will really help clean up and lengthen the pocket.

mmandley
06-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Thats awesome looking.

We did some surfing today and i didn't think to get a pic of our surf.

Im running stock ballast in my LSV. 400 in the ski locker and 400 in the rear.

At least i think its a 400. Its a really long bag, much longer looking then the ski locker one. It goes from the back of the boat 1/2 way up the rear cushion.

The wave was nice and dark, but every time i got pulled up and went to move into the the wave, besides looking intimidating, the board would realy speed up and i would lose control. But fun non the less.

moombadaze
06-01-2009, 11:07 AM
The wave was nice and dark, but every time i got pulled up and went to move into the the wave, besides looking intimidating, the board would realy speed up and i would lose control. But fun non the less.

Swap out that 400lb bag for a 750lb bag and it just gets so much better.

Weight on front foot=gas pedal-speedup
Weight on rear foot=brake pedal
Its all about ballance

fun is'nt it

c.rix
06-01-2009, 05:52 PM
I finally put in a 750 and cut out the cooler so I coud put the stock 400 under the seats on the left side of the boat

Wow amazing !!!!

just my girlfriend in the boat and those 2 sacks full only and the wake was bigger than its ever been

mmandley
06-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Yep i hear ya Moombadaze, i got the Gas pedal part down i know how to mash that sucker, its the breaks i haven't figured out LOL.

Its a blast, every time i fall i come up for air and laugh, i just keep going till i cant stand up or the crew complains its time to go home because the sun is setting.

C.Rix you cut out your cooler? We use ours all the time, guess if we need to we could later. GF and a few buddies ride goofy so i know i need to get 2 750s and i plan to. Thinking July will allow that to happen. Too much in June with my birthday to spend the extra money for it.

Sled491
06-01-2009, 09:25 PM
We were out surfing behind my buddies Supra 22 SSV. While we get a nice tall wall we don't seem to get the length that I see in these pics. I think next weekend we'll put another 400lb min up front. We have the front loaded now.

The question is does adding extra ballast to the one side of the boat do anything beside steepen the wall on your prefered side?

jasonwm
06-02-2009, 02:08 AM
That's the biggest impact it has. If you have enough size, you can try running some additional ballast on the opposite side of the boat which will make the wake less steep. Just leave enough on the surf side to keep the wake clean.

If the pocket is too short, add more weight up front to lengthen it. If you're running significant amounts of weight on top of the stock ballast, your weight distribution should be close to 50/50 front to rear.

Sled491
06-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks, that's what I thought:)

lsgagnon
06-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Ok, only wife, me and kids, begginer in wakesurf....

Just have the boat for 3 weeks. The dealer replace the GIII rear balast with bigger one (750? Flyhigh fatsac take all the space). With center full and rear left, the wave seem big enough, clean, but the pocket seem really short even with the wakeplate down.

I'll try to put some weight foward. Thanks

Sled491
06-09-2009, 08:07 AM
I din't see the pic. But reading your post what about playing around some more with the wakeplate? Lowering the wakeplate raises the back of the boat and raising the plate will drop the back end in some more.

McMoomba
06-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Well, by George we've got it . Here is a video of my 13 year old son. 600lb in starboard 400lb in locker, mom driving, me 180lb in rear seat and two other (50lb each) kids in misc. spots. Wakeplate at 1/2 at 9.5 mph. I was also able to free ride. We are now enamored with wakesurfing.

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x7/smcd175/?action=view&current=SDC13148.flv

Sled491
06-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Very nice.

c.rix
06-25-2009, 09:55 PM
mc moomba we have a 750 in the port v drive box and a 400 under the port seats also usually have 2 people in the boat sitting toward the rear also port side seats

we dont fill the center bag it seems the more weight in the rear corner you surf the better. for our boats get the boat to stand on its tail. Also we ride 11mph wake plate 3/4 up

I think your wake could beef up a bit not nocking you but im 6'3 and the wake is over my waist height on our obv 07

I know my boats surf ready when the rub rail is sitting about 1 inch under the water on the surfside corner

c.rix
06-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Ok, only wife, me and kids, begginer in wakesurf....

Just have the boat for 3 weeks. The dealer replace the GIII rear balast with bigger one (750? Flyhigh fatsac take all the space). With center full and rear left, the wave seem big enough, clean, but the pocket seem really short even with the wakeplate down.

I'll try to put some weight foward. Thanks

try more speed 11mph

c.rix
06-30-2009, 07:05 PM
ed - on my 07 outback ive found we need to put alot of weight in the surf corner to get a monster wake 4-5 feet tall

ed your v is alot deeper than ours are

When the surfer stops/falls the a person or 2 move to the non surf side to even the boat out I know its agressive, but where I surf there are rarley any other boats

the more people the less ballasts needed

If I get a chance next time im out I will get a sacked out pic... It will make you pee yourself but it works great

moombadaze
06-30-2009, 07:37 PM
c.rix, looking foward to your pics

Lawdog
07-01-2009, 01:50 AM
ed - on my 07 outback ive found we need to put alot of weight in the surf corner to get a monster wake 4-5 feet tall

ed your v is alot deeper than ours are

When the surfer stops/falls the a person or 2 move to the non surf side to even the boat out I know its agressive, but where I surf there are rarley any other boats

the more people the less ballasts needed

If I get a chance next time im out I will get a sacked out pic... It will make you pee yourself but it works great
This I have to see too....

98outback
07-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Heres a picture of the wake from my supra 22ssv. This is with the rear port corner 750 sac filled and a couple people in the boat. I am having trouble moving the wake back further from the boat. I tried filling the front sac and playing with the wakeplate but could never get it right. The best I have been able to do is with the port corner filled. The wake is huge but I would like it to be further from the boat.

kaneboats
07-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Looks pretty doggone good to me.