PDA

View Full Version : Where to keep the wakeplate on choppy days

lancesaville
05-31-2009, 11:21 AM
This has been the first full weekend I've been able to use my LSV since the rain stopped in central AR, so I'm learning as I go, first inboard. Love this boat by the way :)

One big question I have is where should the plate be when traveling across the lake on a choppy day. I've been keeping it all the way down, which seems to drag a bit, but does keep me from getting airborne, been keeping it under 30 too. When I put the plate level or all the way up we seem to ramp even more, so I'm thinking I'm doing the best setting I can given the water conditions but just want to check w/ the pros to be sure. Thanks guys.

lancesaville
05-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Well my parents always had outboard skiers when I was growing up so I'm used to the bumps and jumps but one of my passengers wasn't and she thought we were coming completely out of the water, had to explain and point out the other boats to show her it was just the nose of the boat going up and down over big rollers. Thx for the input Ed, what you're calling porposing, is that the same as me saying 'getting airborne'? - want to be sure we're talking about the same thing as I've heard that term before but never got clarification on what it meant.

lancesaville
05-31-2009, 12:44 PM
LOL we were up until about 4, so didnt get up until about 10, we wore ourselves out yesterday. Heading out now tho, don't you worry, had to check back before we headed out for the day. Take care of that shoulder man, no backstrokes if you fall in the pool :)

Razzman
05-31-2009, 01:38 PM
In any conditions move the wakeplate up until the boat starts to porpoise then move tha plate back down a bit until it stops. This keeps the bare minimum of the hull in the water for the best efficiency. The more drag, the more fuel you'll use.