PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass reset

jester
05-31-2009, 11:13 AM
So i was out on the water yesterday and at the end of the day my Perfect Pass system did a full reset on its self when i started up the boat. Does anyone have an idea on why it did this? All the settigns need to be reset. I hope i have them right

KW 180
other in this screen 120

CR/CS 1950
Does this look right???!??

mmandley
06-01-2009, 08:36 AM
You have Perfect Pass? I now hate you =P

Id assume it had a power failure. Thats generally why something resets like that.

Yesterday on Yale Lake i was doing 35ish and cranking the tunes while headed to the dock. Stereo started cutting out and went dead pretty much. I checked all the connections and didn't find anything. Then turned it back on and it worked perfect.

I think its electrical gremlins.

jester
06-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Ok so now my PP is totally screwing up. It will now engage but with some issues. I have it set on wakeboard with a speed of 19.6. It will turn on at 22.6 and hold between 22.6 and 22.3. It will never drop the speed to the set point. I slowed my set point to 19.0 and same thing. I increased my set point to 20.0 and same thing. It sometimes will not even engage at all.

I forgot how spoiled you get with a PP system until it fails on you.

jester
06-01-2009, 11:41 AM
So i just talked ot my service shop and they have seen the chip in the PP system come out of its socket. They are thinking this is the issue since they have seen this on a few systems allready. I will be testing tonight and will let everyone know if this is an issue.

jester
06-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Ed, I will look at the speedo also. Thanks for the heads up. It is ver 7.XXXXX

Sled491
06-01-2009, 09:08 PM
PP did have a module problem last few years. You should call PP while in the boat on your cell and they can talk you through the check out.

jester
06-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Looks like my boat with this PP system = bad news. They are sending me out a new improved(??) system that will not have this issue. And i just thought it was me being hard on the system.

Sled491
06-02-2009, 06:22 PM
In the end this will be simpler and better than screwing around half the summer trying to make it work!

jester
06-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Yes that is very true. It is kind of hard to be live on the phone with someone to go over this when i cant get on the water until after 5:00PM. Now i just hope i can get a new one in before the 12th since i will be leaving for a week long camping/boating trip.

mmandley
06-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Jester can you get a pic for me of your dash with the PP system. I plan to buy a PP next winter in off season and i want to know if it fits in the stuck Moomba Cruise spot or if its going to be a new dash face or something.

cab13367
06-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Jester can you get a pic for me of your dash with the PP system. I plan to buy a PP next winter in off season and i want to know if it fits in the stuck Moomba Cruise spot or if its going to be a new dash face or something.

Mike

The PP replaces one of your speedometers. The Moomba cruise buttons are rendered useless - they are not replaced with anything. Below is a pic. Of the three big gauges, it's the one on the right.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/wheel.jpg

jester
06-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Mike,

It will fit where the moomba Cruise is currently at. Your dash and mine are the same.

It is on the far left and a little cut off but this is the best pic i have right now of it.

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m429/j3stert/IMG_5713.jpg

mmandley
06-02-2009, 10:06 PM
BAH i don't have 3 gauges like that. I have a Tach and MPH. I have the Moomba cruise in the same location right above the Speedo and Tach. But i don't have a digi display there.

Guess i need a pic of a LSV because our dashes look different

Mine looks more like Jesters except i don't have the cut out for the digi display. I have 2 switches. On/ off and +/-

Wonder if it comes with a new bezel for the dash too or not.

cab13367
06-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Mike

The PP replaces one of your speedometers. The Moomba cruise buttons are rendered useless - they are not replaced with anything. Below is a pic. Of the three big gauges, it's the one on the right.

Sorry, I guess I have the older style dash.

mmandley
06-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Its ok i really like your White gauges thought Wish they would have stayed with that look instead of black ones.

jester
06-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Mike,

The switches will be replaced with the LCD screen. How about this Pic. Does that look like what you have?

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m429/j3stert/IMG_5127-1.jpg

mmandley
06-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Yes Jester that looks more like mine, I still guess they will give me a new Bezel as part of the PP system upgrade, because i just dont have a Digi display nor the cut out for it. Just the lower section where your push buttons are. Mine is switches though.

jester
06-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Mike,
For some reason i thought the switches where where the LCD was at.

mmandley
06-03-2009, 03:08 AM
OMG /face palm

Yes your correct. I have the same bezel its just nothing in the triangle part and the switches are in the section your Digi display is in.

Never mind the big dumb blonde guy LOL

Sled491
06-03-2009, 07:42 AM
I don't have an issue with the new DBW PP and Surfing with either boat we use. The Supra has the new fully intergrated system where it controls the plate as well, and my simple 07 version. Both seem to work very well. Possible you need to look at a different Prop?

jester
06-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Ed,

You might want to change your setting to make it more aggressive. I am thinking it is the KW or CR/CS

To get to change CR/CR press the Menu and up arrow at the same time, Go down to control settings.

To get to the KW you will need to get into the screen where you change from wakeboard to RPM to solom. Highlight wakeboard and press the down arrow.

Mike,

No worrys i just thought i was going crazy. would not be the first and will never be the last.

Sled491
06-03-2009, 12:03 PM
OK so it seems that the system didn't jive with the basc Geary family style, is that correct? So do you just live with it or did you change the driving style and speeds? I do recognize the more weight more speed aspect as it has worked for us. I also know that changing the plate and adding throttle works as well.

jester
06-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Ed,

Thanks for sharing that information. That is very good information to know.