PDA

View Full Version : Hot water is no show in "hot water" shower

ToddXLV
05-31-2009, 01:40 AM
I thought the hot water was produced the same way the front heater works using the heat from the engine? I was testing my hot water shower a few weeks ago and all I get is cold water. Thank god the pump works becuase I just started a thread on my ballast pumps not working.

Is there a seperate heater element for the hot water shower? What would be the cause of the water not heating up?

Waynes345
05-31-2009, 09:59 AM
The shower just pulls the hot water off the manifold. I had the same problem a couple years ago and found some small debris blokcing the hot water hose. You may have to take it apart and blow it out. It's a very simple device.

ToddXLV
05-31-2009, 10:53 AM
The shower just pulls the hot water off the manifold. I had the same problem a couple years ago and found some small debris blokcing the hot water hose. You may have to take it apart and blow it out. It's a very simple device.

Thanks Waynes. What is the best way to blow it out and at what point where would I blow it out from? Thanks bro.

Waynes345
05-31-2009, 09:55 PM
Well, I'm trying to recall. On my Outback, there is a red hose coming off a fixture on the manifold. I believe I removed it from that fixture and found the blockage. There isn't much to those things but some hoses, a pump and a mixing valve. The hot side hoses are red and the cold blue. Start taking the ends of the red off and putting pressure on them either with compressed air or the old fashioned way. Mine cleaned up easy and has worked as designed since. The kids love to sit on the back taking warm showers.

ToddXLV
06-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Well, I'm trying to recall. On my Outback, there is a red hose coming off a fixture on the manifold. I believe I removed it from that fixture and found the blockage. There isn't much to those things but some hoses, a pump and a mixing valve. The hot side hoses are red and the cold blue. Start taking the ends of the red off and putting pressure on them either with compressed air or the old fashioned way. Mine cleaned up easy and has worked as designed since. The kids love to sit on the back taking warm showers.

Ya, you're right Wayne. I was playing around with it today while waiting for people to get to the lake. I was on the boat by myself for about 2 hours trying to sort out multiple issues. But yes, there is a red hose coming off the pump on the aft side. The cold water intake is at the front. I guess that could be different depending on how it was installed. So I ran the hot water only and just a little water spurts out but doesn't feel even warm. You can hear the pump working trying to pull the hot water thru. Then when I turn on the cold water (with hot water knob still on) it flows fine and the water initially comes out cold but then it turns hot for about 5 seconds then back to cold for good.

So I think you are right Wayne, it must be clogged. You said use a compressor or the old fashioned way. Do you mean blowing thru the hose with your mouth? So you are saying blow air in the reverse direction? I'm sorry if I am sounding like an idiot but I am good at that...:o

ToddXLV
06-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Wow, you know what. I think I may know what's clogging it? I replaced my impeller a few weeks ago and the old one was chewed up. It only had a few of the rubber type blades left and all of the rest were gone and chewed up. I know it was from starting my boat out of water and letting it idle for more than 5 seconds. Yeah, my fault. But couldn't some of those frayed pieces get into the system and clog things up?

ToddXLV
06-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Damn, I forgot to play around with the hot water shower today. I will mess with it tomorrow.

ToddXLV
06-04-2009, 06:06 AM
Hmmmmm, the hot water shower all of sudden worked today. I don't know what is going on? I am sure I still have to clear something out of there.

ToddXLV
06-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Hot water shower did not work again today. So there is something clogging it.