PDA

View Full Version : Help

sidetracked3
05-29-2009, 12:06 PM
I am buying a 2001 moomba outback and wanted to do some upgrades. I plan on replacing all 6 speakers and installing some tower speakers. I am also looking at wakeboard racks and the aluminum mirror that comes off the rack. Can anyone tell me what or where to get this at a reasonable price? I have been online looking but everyones prices are so different I am not sure if it is good/bad or what to do. I do not want to spend a fortune but I do not want to buy junk either.

Razzman
05-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Search the forum for "stereo & Stereo upgrades" and you'll find tons of info. Search eBay, Millionbuy & such for deals.

yearround
05-29-2009, 12:20 PM
I am also looking at wakeboard racks and the aluminum mirror that comes off the rack. Can anyone tell me what or where to get this at a reasonable price?

look in the classified here, i think gcoombe is selling a set of racks for a good price. they are the stock rack, so they should go on the tower. myabe you could just buy one set from him /cuz i want one set for me, but he doesn't really want to part them out :)

sidetracked3
05-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Well I have a skylon rack on my boat. 2" tubing

volfo
05-29-2009, 01:08 PM
I have 2 Monster Tower racks and the mirror mount. I love them. They don't swivel, aren't "macked out", but they work well and have quick releases that let me put them on and take them off in about 2 seconds. I highly recommend. Especially the mirror - it's so much nicer than having the one on the windshield. I also added the new monster tower tower cargo bimini and love it. If you don't have a bimini already for the tower, I highly recommend. Check www.monstertower.com

I sound like I work for monster tower - I don't, I'm just happy with the racks and the bimini.

04OUTBACK
05-29-2009, 01:19 PM
www.boardersmall.com
www.evogear.com
www.wakeside.com
www.buywake.com
www.anothersmokindeal.com

www.crutchfield.com runs some good speaker deals too.

mcdye
05-29-2009, 01:53 PM
I just did some upgrades myself. I got the CIPA Extreme mirror, thought it was big but once mounted with the removable Monster arm and CIPA Adapter, it Rocks! Added the Polk DB651, love them.

sidetracked3
05-29-2009, 04:01 PM
thanks for all the info.