PDA

View Full Version : Wolfe Girls rocked it Memorial Day weekend

wolfeman131
05-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Some of you may remember the pics of my girls at Christmas with the wakeboard the old fat man brought them. Yes, it was me, not Santa that brought the board.

I didn't grow up with a boat, don't know how to ski or wakeboard, but my girls take to it almost naturally. Last summer, it took a few pointers from Mrs. Z to get them up on skis and they stayed on them all summer. This past weekend, the neighbor's grandson (who is a big wakeboarder) helped with a few pointers and up and away they went!

My 9 yr old was up after 3 tries and got a decent ride in on the 5th start
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Wakeboarding/IMG_2530.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Wakeboarding/IMG_2557.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Wakeboarding/IMG_2559.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Wakeboarding/IMG_2560.jpg

wolfeman131
05-28-2009, 10:02 PM
My 7 yr old paid attention to the instructions her sister was given and made it up on her 1st attempt and got a good ride on the 3rd.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Wakeboarding/IMG_2564.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Wakeboarding/IMG_2566.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Wakeboarding/IMG_2576.jpg

moombadaze
05-29-2009, 07:22 AM
Awsome, great start to summer.

deerfield
05-29-2009, 07:49 AM
wolfman - Great start to summer! You must have at least three in your crew? Driver? Picture taker/spotter? You in the water? - Deerfield

yearround
05-29-2009, 10:13 AM
congrats on getting the kids to ride. i will definately use these pics to try and encourage my non-riding child to try this year.

my 14yr is my best driver, and it is always a thrill watching her ski, board, surf, etc.

kaneboats
05-29-2009, 02:36 PM
My two 9 y/o boys haven't gotten up on the wakeboard yet. They've each skied and love to kneeboard though. I'll have to show them the pics so they take it like a challenge.

wolfeman131
05-29-2009, 04:03 PM
wolfman - Great start to summer! You must have at least three in your crew? Driver? Picture taker/spotter? You in the water? - Deerfield

We're up to 5 now, including Capt'n Jack, my 16 month old son! :)

I'm driving, Momma Wolfe is spotter/picture taker and one girl holds on to Jack while the other is riding. In the water is the neighbor's grandson.

You guys need to get your boys started quick so they can keep up! The girls are competitive gymnasts and have no fear, so they're already talking about "doing flips and stuff." We'll see abou that . . . :p

Reese350
05-30-2009, 06:36 AM
Congrats, this is awesome!

kaneboats
05-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Drew, PM me your address at home and I'll send you one of "The Book" DVD's about the basics (I don't have the whole set, just this one). You can give it back to me when I see you. It really helps with some basic moves they can work on over the next couple weeks. I borrowed it to Mike & Ginny last year and they learned a lot from it.

2000OUTBACK
06-01-2009, 12:47 AM
That is Awesome!!! I will show my girls too!!!

kaneboats
06-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Hey, I know that's not your boat -- rope's too high. Is that even your kid?

kaneboats
06-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Saw you had a Supra weekend on the other thread. Kid's lookin' strong. We'll be seeing him on TV before too long.

meech
06-02-2009, 01:37 PM
sweet !!!!!

zegm
06-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Wolfman, Sled,
Awesome pictures!!!!!!
Any word on the Sinclair Jam?

Poor Zachary has been banned from the water. His ear is healing too fast and is causing some bad problems. And the 2 doctors that are partners are giving us different directions. His doctor did not do the surgery his senior partner did. And his doctor was not in the office for the post surgery visit when the surgeon said he could swim. Then he gets a problem and his doctor (not the surgeon but his partner) wanted to know why the heck he is in the water!!!! Poor boat is not moving a whole lot this summer!
But I am ready to tow it to Georgia!!!!! Heck I might even get in the water this weekend!!!

mmandley
06-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Sorry to hear about the complications. Hope he gets better soon.

moombadaze
06-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Any word on the Sinclair Jam?

Poor Zachary has been banned from the water.

Heck I might even get in the water this weekend!!!

Mike,

Sinclair is July 9th-13th.

That is the pitts for Young Zach, I can remember a doctor banning me from the water when i was young and boy did i not like that dude! Hope he heals soon, if not there is allways duct tape and cotton balls:rolleyes:

You still have not been in the water???? Heck summer is here and its HOT out-my pool was 86 when I got home last night.

moombadaze
06-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Sled, kid looks like he will be good on the boards this summer-good job!

kaneboats
06-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Sorry to hear about little Z. Hope he's well soon. It's almost warm enough for Mike to get wet.

zegm
06-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks All for the Get Well Wishes for Zachary!!! He is feeling better today and next week we go back to the Doctor. We will see what the heck is going on then. I will get with Mrs.Z on a trip to Sinclair, sounds like a good time to go! Her parents headed up there this week for the summer so they should have the cabin all stocked with food, we will just have to bring beer and wine, oh and of course the LS.

FINALLY!!! Guys!!!! I have gotten wet this summer, I have been in the pool (heated pool) since early May! Just haven't been in the Lake yet! Part of the problem is the terrible month of May we had with storms (ok maybe it wasn't too bad my grass is green this year!!).
I guess just I love to drive!!!! :cool:

Waynes345
06-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Z, wet is wet. Keep usw posted on little Z. We'll be back your way in a few weeks for the TKD nationals. Seems we should just be able to zip accross the ole state in a fairly short time. We'll be in Fort Lauderdale.

Weather sucks so bad here I'm just gonna dive this week I think. Although the lake was buzin tonight with count em 2 ski boats out:)

We got out to our lake place for a bit last weekend. Got there at 1:00 on Saturday and it was cloudy, drizzling and 55 degrees. I did the yard chores that had been neglected for a while and my 12 yr old daughter and her friend begged me to give them a tow. We hit the water at 4:30 on a Saturday afternoon and they were the only ones out there. Shorty wetsuits and a couple ropes and they had a ball skiing double for a half hour. It was great to see them having fun. Did the same thing at 1:00 on Sunday afternoon and the only other boats (other than fishermen) were two other skiers. I'll drive all day for anyone like that. I hope to get in the water this weekend. My son took the DNR Boaters Safety class and is (in theory) rated to drive. Might have to test him out.

kaneboats
06-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Glad to hear those eskimo girls got to have some fun.

Z- hope to see your crew up at Sinclair. Should be lots of fun.