PDA

View Full Version : 08 Lsv Trailer

EMMAS MOOMBA
05-26-2009, 01:22 PM
I bought a new boat 21 foot lsv . My boat trailer is only signal axle did i get the right trailer. All pics i have see the lsv comes with dual axle. The boat is a v drive. thanks for any help andy

gcombe74
05-26-2009, 01:31 PM
great question.... i have an 07 LSV with dual axel... I believe that it can come either way though... just depends on what your dealer\you ordered.

Razzman
05-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Double axle trailer is an upgrade. Out here in the west they all seem to come on double-axle trailers, even the OBV's.

gcombe74
05-26-2009, 01:46 PM
That Razz is because we have to travel so far to find a pond to put them in.. lol. That would be the advantage to having dual axel... they do haul much better.

moombadaze
05-26-2009, 01:53 PM
My Florida dealer puts lsv on single axle trailer-except mine-being from outwest I wanted a double axle trailer. I towed this boat with a single axle trailer for 1200+ miles and the double tow's much smoother to me.

two disadvantages I just thought of, one you will not be able to push/turn a double axle by hand to place in a garage, second is the possiblilty of more tire wear but most trailers tire need replacing by age not wear so that may be a moot pointe

Razzman
05-26-2009, 02:04 PM
The boatmate double axle trailers or any double axle have advantages over the single. Obviously further travel is safer, you can stash gear in the boat without overloading and you can get away without a spare on the trailer.

Razzman
05-26-2009, 11:24 PM
For those that don'e know Boatmates have torsion axles. There's a cool ittle trick to get you to the next town or tire store without removing the tire & wheel. Just carry a tiedown strap similar to motorcycle ones, blow a tire? Simply strap up the offending wheel, the torsion axle will lift at that end and you can proceed without it touching the ground or affecting the others. Can't do that on regular leaf axles, spares required.

Razzman
05-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Sled somebody spreading nails around in WI? :p

Sled491
05-26-2009, 11:27 PM
razz if you find out let me know, because buying 4 new tires for a basically brand new trailer really sucks! :(

mmandley
05-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Razz what would you connect the strap to? Tie it around the axle behind the brake on the axle i assume, and then strap it to the rail frame?

As fare as LSV double Axle. I think a lot of dealers upgrade them because its also more write up they get for a sale. The Outback is designed as a entry level boat to the Moomba family and to keep the boat cost down they tend to be more on single axle trailers.

The Lsv is the mid grade model and comes with single or duel.

The XLV is the big papa and ive never seen one on a single axle trailer so i think they all come with it. I could be wrong.

I know living in Portland and dealing with all the curves and traffic i wanted a really stable trailer and also most of the water is more then an hour away. At least the water i like. So i wanted a trailer that would tow really nice and also i didn't want to worry if i blew a tire i could lose my trailer or cause damage to it trying to stop it.

I knew right from the start i wanted a duel axle trailer and thats some of what also made me lean to the LSV because a lot of the Outbacks from AWS that were on sale were all single axle.

Nothing wrong with a single axle trailer at all. I also just like the look of the doubles.

It is alot harder to push around int he garage. It takes me and my GF to shove it side ways if its a little off centered in the garage but we are getting really good at backing it into the garage and getting it with in a few inches of the wall to save space in one shot. Unfortunatly ours goes on the right side of the garage < blind spot for backing it in >

ajmoritz17
05-27-2009, 10:20 AM
my 08 LSV came with a single but I would love to have a double....ive had the hardest time with my dealer on trying to get a double.
________
no2 vaporizer (http://no2vaporizer.net)

Razzman
05-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Razz what would you connect the strap to? Tie it around the axle behind the brake on the axle i assume, and then strap it to the rail frame? Exactly

As fare as LSV double Axle. I think a lot of dealers upgrade them because its also more write up they get for a sale. The Outback is designed as a entry level boat to the Moomba family and to keep the boat cost down they tend to be more on single axle trailers. That and some dealers will sell nothing but duals for the safety aspect

The Lsv is the mid grade model and comes with single or dual. yup, dual

The XLV is the big papa and ive never seen one on a single axle trailer so i think they all come with it. I could be wrong. only gets the double

I know living in Portland and dealing with all the curves and traffic i wanted a really stable trailer and also most of the water is more then an hour away. At least the water i like. So i wanted a trailer that would tow really nice and also i didn't want to worry if i blew a tire i could lose my trailer or cause damage to it trying to stop it. I agree

I knew right from the start i wanted a duel axle trailer and thats some of what also made me lean to the LSV because a lot of the Outbacks from AWS that were on sale were all single axle.

Nothing wrong with a single axle trailer at all. I also just like the look of the doubles. Besides the safety & flat issue singles have an uncanny habit of pogoing because the hitch point acts as a pivot. Load the truck with camping gear and it'll pogo up and down at the hinge point, annoying and somewhat unsafe.

It is alot harder to push around int he garage. It takes me and my GF to shove it side ways if its a little off centered in the garage but we are getting really good at backing it into the garage and getting it with in a few inches of the wall to save space in one shot. Unfortunatly ours goes on the right side of the garage < blind spot for backing it in couldn't get mine in the garage if i tried!

jester
05-27-2009, 11:41 AM
My OBV came with a single and i thought about a double. I am very happy i stuck with the single just because there are some things i have had to do with my single that would make life harder then hard with a double. You have to love jackniging and pushing trailers to get them where you need it.

brenpire
05-27-2009, 05:09 PM
I went with the tandem axle because I had ambitions of "traveling" with my LSV. I was planning on visiting all my friends at different lakes. That never really happened. When you have a boat people tend to come to you. Now I used it twice a year.

When I purchased my boat the tandem upgrade cost me $1200 cdn.

Was it worth it? looks cool.