PDA

View Full Version : Packing Replacment Question.2006 OB LSV??

LSM
05-26-2009, 06:29 AM
Hello,

I'm new to the Forum and a new / used Moomba owner.

I've got a couple of questions if someone has time.

I've recently purchased an 06 Outback LSV. The boat seems to be in good over all condition. Its nice and clean, well kept with 121 hours on it. The only real problem I see is that the boat has a very bad drive shaft packing leak.

The leak doesn't drip water. It sprays water !! The bilge pump runs every 5 minutes to keep it pumped out.

The large nut and the jam nut seem to be fairly snug the best I can tell.

Where can I purchase replacment packing and how do you guys get to it to replace it? (on a V drive)

I tried to get in there with Channel Locks to pull it up but it is difficult to reach.

I understand the large nut is supposed to be hand tight. This one is hand tight or a little more.

I'd appreciate any info.

Also, can you tell me the difference between the 06 Outback LSV and the 06 Mobius? In 2006 the hulls appear to be the same. I know that is not the case in the 08 and 09's.

Thanks.....

moombadaze
05-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Lsm, sorry no help on the leak but the hulls for the outback lsv and mobius lsv are the same, only difference is the mobius is a wakeboard package--tower, balast bags.

LSM
05-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Thanks.......

My boat has the Moomba/Mobius Tower, just no balast system. Maybe I can add that later if I feel like I need it.

I spoke with the previous owner regarding the packing this morning. He said he did have the packing replaced last summer.

Hopefully, it just needs pulling up a bit.......

04OUTBACK
05-26-2009, 01:40 PM
www.skidim.com or www.elberts.com are the best places to get the packing..
and both are VERY helpful on the phone to help you through it.

PM if you have questions. I replaced mine last fall in my 06 LSV