PDA

View Full Version : Motor mounts / Alignment

jon_n_andrea
03-11-2004, 12:13 PM
I recently got the boat back from the body shop after some major fiberglass work, and I had to replace the two front motor mounts and noticed that the back mounts were slightly bent, so the motor sits about an inch back farther than it should, therefore the front motor mounts mounting holes do not line up. My question is, after I replace the rear motor mounts, how do I adjust the front or back or both mounts to achieve factory alignment with the shaft and prop? Do I have to take it in to a mechanic? Please help, I'm really looking forward to finally getting on the water this summer.

color=red]I finally got the poor boat back from the body shop, and I must say, the back of the boat looks great. If you didn't see the pics of the wreck from "Skeg Problem" you should go check them out then email me if you want to see the finished product.[/color]

Email: [email protected]

**Wonder if you can use html in this forum...<a href="mailto:[email protected]">Email Me</a>**

03-11-2004, 06:32 PM
A while back, I asked something similar regarding my 99 outback.

Here is the reply I got:

"Engine to shaft coupler alignments should be done at the begining of every season, this is very important, it will reduce packing gland and strut bearing wear, and eliminate vibration. Your local dealer is able to do this for you when you have the boat dewinterized, or, contact; [email protected] for a faxable instruction sheet for the D.I.Y.er. Brian Raymond "

They faxed the instructions to me the next day!!!

Hope it works for you. Helluva crash. Glad they fixed it. Have a great season.

Catdog1
03-11-2004, 06:33 PM
I asked something similar a while back regarding my 99 outback. Here's the reply:

"Engine to shaft coupler alignments should be done at the begining of every season, this is very important, it will reduce packing gland and strut bearing wear, and eliminate vibration. Your local dealer is able to do this for you when you have the boat dewinterized, or, contact; [email protected] for a faxable instruction sheet for the D.I.Y.er. Brian Raymond "

They faxed the instructions the very next day! Good luck! Have a great season!

Brian Raymond
03-13-2004, 01:24 AM
Thank you Catdog. Brian Raymond.