PDA

View Full Version : Reese's are now wakesurfers...

Reese350
05-25-2009, 09:07 PM
After Ed was generous enough to teach us to surf at his home lake in Florida on New Years Day, we started surfing behind our LSV in MI yesterday. We don't have any rear ballast but we were still able to surf. We had a ball. We love to slalom and wakeboard but we will definately be mixing in some surfing every weekend!

Sled491
05-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Very cool. But one question. How do you not have rear ballast in a LSV?

Reese350
05-27-2009, 08:32 PM
We bought the boat with 10 hours on it. The guy that ordered it skimped on the Gravity III option so we only have the Gravity I with the single bag up front. I've been reading everyone's GIII upgrade posts with envy. I guess it's time to BOAT (break out another thousand) and get right. :)

Sled491
05-27-2009, 10:19 PM
Well I guess it's time to do your part to get the economy goinig:)

mmandley
05-28-2009, 04:49 AM
Yea that stinks too because the GIII upgrade isnt that much when you buy the boat new.

Well at least this way you can build it the first time the way you realy want it. A lot of us pay in the deal for the GIII then turn around and start replacing bags then pumps and basicaly pay double. I think the only real think i will need to replace in my current set up is the rear bags. I have been thinking maybe some 750s but listening to Jasonw on here it might seem the 750s arnt the best for my LSV.

I have to do more research lol.

I do want to add an integrated bow bag also later.

Tyger
06-12-2009, 06:57 PM
(wreck/necro)

There's no need to invest thousands to meet your needs for a better wake. Just get a couple of 750# sacks and a portable pump with a 12v plug and you are good to go. Definitely not as convenient as integrated ballast, but it's well worth the extra weight for both wakeboarding and surfing.

I plan to run the plumbing to have my bags integrated (one of these years :P) but I'm happy to throw the pump over the side to get the weight in the mean time.

Sacs will run you ~$150 each (I want to say I paid $140 each shipped for mine when I upgraded from 600#, but I may have paid way less; now is not the time to find really good bargains, though) and a pump is anywhere from $70 to $100.

There's posts on here about what to buy and how to integrate the sacs after you have them.