PDA

View Full Version : 08 Lsv Front Ballast Bag

EMMAS MOOMBA
05-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Well one more problem with my new boat, the front ballast bag is fillling up with water by it self. no switch turned on at all,what gives on this. Same guy with the three speaker problem. Are all moombas like this or is it just bad boat bugs that need to get worked out. thanks for any help andy

newty
05-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Check the little black toggle switch on the solenoid make sure its in the same position as the rest of the solenoids. Very easy to bump and you wouldn't know it unless you were looking right at it. As far as the loose bolts, that tends to happen with a lot of boats. I might just be a friday boat. Your boat was rigged on Friday, everybody wants to go home on friday and things get missed or overlooked. So long as its not critical equipment I wouldn't worry about it. When I took delivery on my boat the driver seat was barely hanging on. It gave me and exscuse to sit in my boat and drink a beer.:p

gcombe74
05-29-2009, 03:53 PM
hahaah that is some funny Sh** newty... just as long as you did not fall out of that chair and spill your beer!

I agree though, might just be some small things you need to tighten. my reccomend. Get 3 beers and just go through the boat and tighten things down. The other is this.. things will loosen as time goes from vibration and just pouding from the water, so at least once a year check things out and retighten.... the tower a bit more. I usually verify my tower bolts once a month.