PDA

View Full Version : wetsounds double-up

adsman
05-23-2009, 05:28 PM
anyone have the wetsounds double-up (a pair of pro 60s and mb8s)? if so, how do you like it . and what is the rest of your setup? ...

lancesaville
05-24-2009, 11:15 AM
The double-up sounds awesome. Currently my setup is stock speakers and sub with a double-up on the tower w/ quick connects powered by a syn2. I've ordered the xs-10fa and some xs-650's to replace the kicker speakers on the boat already. They keep up ok, but when you start getting to the top of your volume range the wetsounds will want to keep going and the kicker's just can't keep up. Good luck man, can't go wrong w/ wetsounds.

adsman
05-24-2009, 10:55 PM
The double-up sounds awesome. Currently my setup is stock speakers and sub with a double-up on the tower w/ quick connects powered by a syn2. I've ordered the xs-10fa and some xs-650's to replace the kicker speakers on the boat already. They keep up ok, but when you start getting to the top of your volume range the wetsounds will want to keep going and the kicker's just can't keep up. Good luck man, can't go wrong w/ wetsounds.

Thanks for the feedback Lance... you have everything (cabin, sub and tower) powered by the syn2? ... I was going to go with a SYN4 to power the DoubleUp by itself and us the stock kenwood amp to run the sub and put the cabins on the head unit.

How is the headroom in the LSV with the DoubleUp? I know the MB8's hang real low, but i was hoping i could configure them with the pro60s to give me some reasonable headroom... (I have an 07 LSV)

lancesaville
05-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback Lance... you have everything (cabin, sub and tower) powered by the syn2? ... I was going to go with a SYN4 to power the DoubleUp by itself and us the stock kenwood amp to run the sub and put the cabins on the head unit.

How is the headroom in the LSV with the DoubleUp? I know the MB8's hang real low, but i was hoping i could configure them with the pro60s to give me some reasonable headroom... (I have an 07 LSV)

Sorry I forgot to mention the factory amp, I have a Syn2 powering just the double up, then a Kicker zx 700.5 powering the cabin speakers and the subwoofer.

Headroom is fine for me, I know they're there so i don't have to look up when getting aboard. The tower mounted bimini sits lower than the mb-8's do, and being a red-head, my bimini is ALWAYS open, so anyone who uses a bimini shouldn't be worried about how low their speakers will hang anyways, as they won't be as low as the top. I'm 6'2 and they don't get in my way. I also made sure to put them to the sides to make a little more room. Check out my album under my user profile and there's some pictures. Standing straight up, the pro60's don't touch the top of my head, but the mb-8's would by about an inch.