PDA

View Full Version : New Boat 3 Speakers No Work

EMMAS MOOMBA
05-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Need help have brand:cry: new 08 lsv 6 speakers in boat 2 on rack both left speakers and front right are not working. All tied into 2 kicker amps. Where do i start to find problem. And are the amps preset from factory . Or do i need to adjust. thanks andy

Sharpie647
05-23-2009, 08:37 AM
if all the wires are hooked up correctly I wonder if maybe the fade/balance on the head unit could be the problem. You could try to adjust that and see what happens

mmandley
05-23-2009, 09:30 AM
The 2 kicker amps from the factory and the head unit all need adjusting. Theres no telling how they left it as fare as settings. The 4 channel amp generaly a 200.4 will have 1 set of RCA's going into it. There are 2 Gain dials. one for channel 1 and 2 and one for channel 3 and 4.

What i learned was even though theres only 1 set of RCA's pluged in you do have to adjust both Gains and you will hear the speakers change. In my 08 LSV the channel 1 and 2 Gain controls only the Bow speakers and the channel 3 and 4 control the 4 main area speakers.

Second amp will be for tower speakers and same applies. 1 RCA will go into the amp and you adjsut the gain to fit your likeing.

You should have the Kenwood deck seeing how thats the standard option in the LSV.

Push the Voluum button and it will allow you to adjsut the setting. Set the Fade and Balance in the middle. You wont be able to fade Front to back the Fade should be controling Boat Cabin speakers or Tower speakers.

If this doesnt seem to fix the problem you can also check to make sure all the wires are tight in the amps. I had to tighten my connections. If you craw in the cubby space you will see all the connections and there all pretty easy to get to if your a contortionist lol.

If this doesnt help then see if you can get a better description of your set up. Amp types Kicker what type 200.4 or what. Theres a number on the lower left corner. Then jsut descride anything you found different when doing adjustments. Theres a lot of realy excellent stereo guys on this forum for these boats.

Razzman
05-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Atctually sounds like you may have multiple issues.

The left speakers not working sounds like the left to right fade is out of sync. The front right sounds more like a connection issue. If the gains or balance were not correct it would affect both not just one. BTW i cannot speaqk for all but on my LSV the front bows weren't even coonected to the amp, they were connected to the head unit.

newty
05-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Start by pulling the speaker out and see if the wires have come loose from the speaker terminals.
Fairly common.
Then set all you sensitivities and gains on your amps to half or mid way.
Then check and see if your fader and balance are at zero.
Check that the wires from the speakers are secured to the amp.
If all that checks out look for disconected RCA's on both the deck and amps.
If that doesn't work take the boat back to your dealership and demand a new boat!:lol:
Seriously it has to be one of those things. Shouldn't take long, but do yourself a favor. Give your neighbor a beer and have him sit in the boat and listen for speakers to come on when you are goofing with wires. Saves climbing in and out of there.

Good luck.

EMMAS MOOMBA
05-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Will start there. Just makes me mad that i spent alot of money for a boat and thhings do not work . Rpms did not work. checked out was not even pluged in. All the nuts holding the gauges in the boat all loose. This is my first moomba or skiers choice boat. does this happen alot????? thanks for all the help.

mmandley
05-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Sorry to hear your having these issues man.

This is my First Moomba < SC > boat and i really havnt had any issues at all. I mean i always figure theres gonig to be a few little things here and there but nothing serious.

I have to take mine in for a striped bolt on the bow cusion, the pad under the wake tower is slipping out. Other then that nothing but learners curve for me. Had to take it in because the Heater didnt work < blown fuse > and the ballast bags wouldnt drain, air locked due to first time being used and they filled with air.

Like i said nothing serious at all. I think my boat is a finaly built craft and im extreamly happy with it and my dealer.

EMMAS MOOMBA
05-24-2009, 04:11 PM
I love the boat i guess everthing has bugs. just posted about my front ballst bag filling with water by its self . everthing else ok andy