PDA

View Full Version : may long

mustangairchair
05-22-2009, 12:25 AM
i was having a great time till the storm hit . here are some pictures. leds still wark under water.

mmandley
05-22-2009, 12:43 AM
OMG man what happened? Did the storm hit so hard it tried to sink your boat?

Thats crazy im really sorry to see all that water in your boat. I guess the bright side is it still floats.

moombadaze
05-22-2009, 07:15 AM
WOW. Are you driving that boat in the 3rd picture? How did it get so full of water? Make sure to flush those fluids out and get dialectric grease on all the electrical connections

ian ashton
05-22-2009, 08:25 AM
I bet you had a pretty kicken wake! Sucks though, I'd like to hear the full story of how it happened!

lancesaville
05-22-2009, 10:57 AM
i was having a great time till the storm hit . here are some pictures. leds still wark under water.

So.... not to echo everyone else, but WTH happened man!? Did your bilge pump not work as rain filled the boat? I just got mine, are these boats pretty rain-proof? I mean, other than when they fill up obviously, but I've assumed light to moderate rain won't hurt the boat at all. Am I mistaken?

mmandley
05-22-2009, 10:59 AM
I don't know about his but i did leave mine in the rain a few weeks ago and it filled up a bit in the bow but because the boat wasn't sitting tilted to the back. My neighbor said he saw the bilge pump come on several times but it ran for like 5 minutes then would shut off for 5 minutes.

That looks like the pump just plain wasn't keeping up with the rain or something. Have to wait for his story to what happened.

lancesaville
05-22-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't know about his but i did leave mine in the rain a few weeks ago and it filled up a bit in the bow but because the boat wasn't sitting tilted to the back. My neighbor said he saw the bilge pump come on several times but it ran for like 5 minutes then would shut off for 5 minutes.

That looks like the pump just plain wasn't keeping up with the rain or something. Have to wait for his story to what happened.

Did you have any problems after yours got kinda-filled? Was it heavy or light rainstorm? I'm trying to get an idea how hard a rain these boats can take before it's best I pull it out and trailer up. This weekend looks to be a mess in arkansas, cold and rainy again. Think I'm about to head down and pull her out and pray for decent weather next weekend. Booooo to this weather down here lately, 6 weekends in a row, one being memorial day, TOTALLY rained out.

Razzman
05-22-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm just guessing here but i don't see how rain could put that much water in the boat short of a hurricane! Unless the boat was sitting in the water and waves came over it. That's a lot of water! I'm speaking from experience here, last year a MB B52 looped around mine at boarding speed while we were floating and sent huge rollers at us and they crashed over the bow and i took on probably 25-30 gallons over the bow and it was nowhere near like this! The water drained into the bilge immediately and i just had to throw towels down to cleanup, no damage at all. This is serious, there's probably close to 300 gallons of water there if not more!

germa001
05-22-2009, 12:32 PM
I accidentally left the plug out in our bass boat once. It sat all night at our dock and you couldn't even tell just by looking at the boat sitting in the water, but once we tried to get up on plane the the boat couldn't get above 7mph. we took the the boat out and were about to take it to the local mechanic when we realized every square inch of the bilge along with the rod lockers was full of water. It's nice to know that they don't sink no matter how much water you put in.

jmvotto
05-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Looks like lot of rain plus waves over the top, or plug fell out.

some parts of Fl got 12 to 24 inches of rain recently...:mad:

mmandley
05-22-2009, 06:33 PM
When mine was out in the rain it was all afternoon, like 6 hours and it was pouring rain, i was stuck at work and couldn't get home to put it back in the garage. It wasn't even supposed to rain that day and normally when we get rain its little light rain that lasts for days.

It was probably 30 gallons of water the bow was filled with standing water about 4 inches deep but the interior was soaked and the carpets were squishy wet.

I just took everything out to dry and wet vacuumed the boat then the next day put interior cleaner on everything and worked on getting things dry. I didn't have any problems with electronics or anything.

deerfield
05-22-2009, 09:49 PM
i was having a great time till the storm hit .

mustang - HOLY CRAP!!!! - deerfield

mustangairchair
05-22-2009, 10:21 PM
no there was no rain. 7 foot waves sending probly 100 gallons a wave into the boat the pictures are after it bilaged for 6 hour.the boat is a right off.but me and 8 kids and a dog all made it home. the picture were after the storm had stopped and it was safe to get the boat.it still ran till the i shut it off a good moomba ad ha. looking for another lsv nice boat very sad it's gone. thanks for the concern.i would say there was 4000 gallons of water in the boat. we pulled the plug it drained for 6 hour a steady stream.

tazz3069
05-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Gord
Wow I really did not think that it was that bad. Like I said on the phone, I am really sorry about your boat. I hope the insurance is going to be taking care of you. I regards to new LSV, can't help you there. I wish I can sell you my boat. It really stinks when people loose their possessions because of mother nature. I hope the insurance company take care of you.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x13/tazz3069/Picture148-3-2.jpg

jmvotto
05-23-2009, 07:30 AM
wow, that really blows " no pun intended" when and where did seven ft waves hit your area. Hopefully the insurance gets you into a new one soon. best of luck

Joe