PDA

View Full Version : Clean Your Boat and Trailer or Get Impounded

zabooda
05-21-2009, 12:53 PM
I see Washington and Idaho impounded a boat from Lake Mead for carrying the invasive mussel so clean your boat and trailer because it sounds like they will be doing inspections.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/ID_BOAT_INSPECTIONS_IDOL-?SITE=IDLEW&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

jester
05-21-2009, 02:04 PM
That is good information to know. Good thing i have only been going to the same lake right now but when i move to a differnt lake i always wash down the boat.

sandm
05-21-2009, 02:50 PM
nice find.
I, personally, do not have an issue paying the $10 if it keeps them suckers out of here.
lots are bitching about it, but it's a 12pk of beer...

zabooda
05-21-2009, 03:32 PM
sandm,

Actually, I bought the $5 non-motorized sticker and they are all the same. For one week in Idaho, I thought that was reseasonable.

mmandley
05-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Im curious it talks about boat inspections in Idaho. Im going to be towing Fierah threw Idaho to Utah later this summer. Do i have to get one of these stickers too? Or it it only needed to put the boat in the water?

I wipe the boat down after every trip in the water as soon as she comes out and look under the hull to make sure i dont see anything. Is this enough or do i need to be hosing it down? I dont always see hoses at the dock areas. I generally wash and wax at home every few weeks to check for any scratches and or other issues.