PDA

View Full Version : memorial day plans??

sandm
05-21-2009, 11:11 AM
anyone got boating plans for the long weekend?

playing golf at a resort course 2.5hrs away saturday and then boating sunday and hopefully monday. mid 80's and water temp was 65 last sunday :)

hope everyone else has good weather in store..

moombadaze
05-21-2009, 11:15 AM
gotta work saturday but sunday and monday--but my plans are all subject to change and her name is...

mother nature-forecast is rain,rain,rain.

Razzman
05-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Nope, we generally stay away from the lakes around here on Memorial and Labor days. It's amateur hour out there and just insane on or near the ramps! Doesn't mean we haven't done it but generally no. Fourth of July we're on Lake Shasta for 7 days and there's plenty of room there with only the 4th having any perceptable traffic!

meech
05-21-2009, 11:48 AM
heading to crescent bar this weekend ... leaving after work today, can't wait. my buddy is bringing his 27ft pontoon boat so we'll be utilizing that - we have a nice litle crew going out, the scenery should be nice. :)

i'm w/ razzman, keeping my boat in the garage for the crazy weekend ... :)

jester
05-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Rassman,

The 4th on Lake Shasta sounds like a great time. Is that going to be a big family event?

My Memorial day plans might be to hit up the lake. The local collage wakeboard team is looking to do an BBQ event on the water so i might end up being their tug boat for the weekend. Soo many fun things to do so little time.

kaneboats
05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Going to do a charity project on Sat. am. with the girls. Then maybe try to get out on Sun or Mon. Taking Tues and Wed off as my long lost nephew will be in town. We're going out both days.

Razzman
05-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Yeah we're doing a big family gathering deal we do every year. Normally we rent a place in Antlers but we're mixing it up this year with a group camp site at Hirz Bay way up the McCloud River arm.

zabooda
05-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Dewinterize the boat so I can use it in a few weeks and put my old surround sound system in the motor home.

yearround
05-21-2009, 01:33 PM
we have to build a garden grow box on saturday (i put it off too long for long weekend runs), if the weather is good, we will go out for a ride monday morning. hopefully on and off before the crazies are out.

ian ashton
05-21-2009, 01:45 PM
I wish I had more boat orientated plans. Tonight we are going to dinner with some friends, tomorrow I have to work until at least 4, Saturday I should be able to sneak out to the boat in the moring, then a BBQ in the evening, Sunday I have to head across the state for my cousin's High School Graduation party, and (hopefully) monday will be spent on the water all day.

04OUTBACK
05-21-2009, 01:50 PM
ED.. You are falling apart!

We have a cabin rented at Eagle Lake, MS... So as much time on the water as the weather allows! Miss River is flooded and the main road in to Eagle lake is currently under water... so have to take the long way in and go down a levee towing!! fun.

despite weather forecast, I WILL GET PLENTY o TIME on the water..

Everyone be safe and have fun!

SEARK
05-21-2009, 02:05 PM
I hope to get out Sat. and Sun (weather providing). Right now they're calling for a good chance of rain on the weekend. :( Saturday should be best day to go out.

SoTX
05-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Going to Lake Conroe like we do every year and stay with family (lots and lots of family) at my aunt and uncles house on the water. The party is ON!

brain_rinse
05-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Oh, not much... just picking up my new 08 LSV from the dealer on Saturday! CANT WAIT!

mmandley
05-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Brian gratz on the new LSV. Saturday will wear ya out with all the delivery and stuff. Enjoy it man

Saturday i work all night so i wont be off till Sunday morning. Gotta love 13hr shifts. BUt ill get a couple hours sleep Sunday morning

Sunday plan to hit the Willamette with all the PDX folks hoping to meet some new peeps there.

Monday we are planning on going to a new Lake for us. Foster Lake. Only a little over an hour drive.

Tuesday Fierah goes in for her 20hr service and if im lucky my Z5 rack will show up and be installed and when i get her back next Friday i can install all that new stereo gear i got.

wolfeman131
05-21-2009, 10:43 PM
My girls finished up the school year yesterday! We got to the lake around 1:30 pm this afternoon and made it out on the water by 3:00 pm. We're here at least through Monday & looking forward to trying out the girls new wakeboard.

jmvotto
05-22-2009, 06:38 AM
school ended yesterday? up north we go until late June. We are planning on being at the lake house the whole weekend and the weather and wind looks good for some moomba time. water temp still really cold though.

wolfeman131
05-22-2009, 09:37 AM
school ended yesterday? up north we go until late June.

Yep - out yesterday.

I grew up in Ohio and we were out June 9 (my Mom's BDay). Girls are back in school mid-Aug which is so very intelligent and cost effective to have the air conditioning cranked in those big buildings during one of the hottest months here. North or South, May or June, I think everyone is in school 180 days.

kaneboats
05-22-2009, 09:56 AM
That's about right. We are done in another week. The 3 younger ones don't do anything but the oldest one has finals. So she has to study all weekend. Maybe I'll get her boardin' on Sun. for a bit though.

KT Mobius
05-22-2009, 11:16 AM
I was at foster last weekend and the water was low. Green Peter is about ten miles north of Foster and worth the extra drive. Its a lot bigger and lots of water. We fequent green peter often and always have a great time. Ive been to several lakes in Oregon and I think Green Peter is also the warmest.

Razzman
05-22-2009, 12:10 PM
I was at foster last weekend and the water was low. Green Peter is about ten miles north of Foster and worth the extra drive. Its a lot bigger and lots of water. We fequent green peter often and always have a great time. Ive been to several lakes in Oregon and I think Green Peter is also the warmest.

Green Peter ... You are talking about a lake right? :p

KT Mobius
05-22-2009, 01:20 PM
I agree kind of a strange name. Dont know where they get the Peter from, but the water is very green.

zabooda
05-22-2009, 02:25 PM
What do you get when you swim in a algae filled lake? Oops, I gotta go to the "Joke of the Day.' Sorry.

jester
05-22-2009, 03:47 PM

I have never been up to Green Peter. How does it do for mid day wind? Anything area's i should avoid?

SEARK
05-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Well the first day of the big weekend is already shot. Rain stared about 30 minutes ago and looks to be an all day thing. :(

jmvotto
05-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Gorgeous day on the lake hanging with friends on the boats tied up listening to tunes and drinking brews. kids all jumped in a little too cold for the adults. still mid 50's water temp.:sad:

tomorrow the wet suit might be out.:)

KT Mobius
05-24-2009, 02:20 AM
it does get windy, however you can always find an area away from the main lake for some nice smooth water. The water is always warm, its an awsome lake.

SEARK
05-24-2009, 10:08 AM
This has ben just a horrible weekend for being on the lake. The rain just won't go away. Sucks!!!

Razzman
05-24-2009, 10:13 AM
We have perfect weather, 85 today, no wind and i'm staying at home doing yard work! Oh well.

04OUTBACK
05-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Seark,
Should have come to EAGLE~! We had Fri Eve, Sat am Dawn patrol, Sat aft, Sun afternoon. Only real rain was 30 minutes on Sunday! I was NOT going let the rain beat me this weekend! We had a blast! Sorry it rained at Chicot!

with all this extra water, it may be a long while before they can lower the water though!!

SEARK
05-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Seark,
Should have come to EAGLE~! We had Fri Eve, Sat am Dawn patrol, Sat aft, Sun afternoon. Only real rain was 30 minutes on Sunday! I was NOT going let the rain beat me this weekend! We had a blast! Sorry it rained at Chicot!

with all this extra water, it may be a long while before they can lower the water though!!

We got out about 4:30 Sunday and went till dark. Lake was pretty rough. I tried surfing but just couldn't get the slack out of the rope. Had a great wave though. Got to work on the technique.
Yea, it may take a little longer to drop the lake with all the rain we've had. It's still way above normal right now and they're calling for rain today and tomorrow before it finally clears up.
Glad to hear yall had a great weekend. I hope to get down to Eagle sometime this summer.

Sled491
05-26-2009, 11:20 PM
OK this is after the fact, but got off the plane friday around 11. Got home helped wife finish packing and off to lake. Got all stuff up to house and kids beds put together. Saturday morning rain rain rain. Rest of day sat put in piers and new cover on lift. Sunday on lake all day with pulls in morning and afternoon. Way too many fishermen out there. Monday blowing stink all day, worked on house and headed home early. Early flight back out Tuesday. Can't wait for next weekend!