PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Frame

SC_LSV
05-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Has anyone replaced the frame in there bimini top? Is this possible? Snapped on of the poles last weekend and would prefer to fix it the cheapest way possible. Frame is just 3/4" Alluminium, correct? Long piece and a pipe bender?

I bought my boat used, so I do not know how the bimini comes shipped with a new boat. Is the frame fully assembled or in pieces? I would think if in pieces then the frame could be replaced. Any ideas who makes the OEM bimini's?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

SC_LSV

yearround
05-20-2009, 08:39 PM
i would think you could take the bimini with broken pole to a local canvas shop. i would think they can fix you up with a new pole.

lowdrag
05-20-2009, 09:24 PM
I folded over the extendable portion of the legs on mine by not paying attention while backing it into a garage. I used a caliper to measure the inner and outer diameter of the tubing and ordered some online for cheap. The one thing I will say is that the tubing I ordered didn't have as nice of a polished finish look to it. You'll also need a rivet gun and some rivets so you can take any of the fittings off and put them on the new tubing.