PDA

View Full Version : Mobius XLV - ballast setting

kampana
05-20-2009, 06:07 AM
Hi all,

I just get my new boat which is a Moomba Mobius XLV 2006 with the gravity 3 ballast system.
I just feel there is always too much weight in the rear :confused:. I have to always use the wakeplate at the max position and to fill the center ballast to correct this.
However it's still not perfect when having few people on board that add weight to the rear.
I'd like to make the wake more clean and if possible longer.
I was wondering if anyone had the same problem and also if anyone did find the best way to add weight to the front (open bow).

Thank you very much in advance for you help.

Olivier

jasonwm
05-21-2009, 03:05 AM
Are you referring to the surf or wakeboard wake?

In either case, you are correct in that adding more weight to the bow of boat will make the wake longer and cleaner (as will speeding up).

Fly High's Pro X Series Integrated Bow Sac is a popular option for adding more weight to the bow of the boat while keeping it completely hidden (and it can be connected to the factory center ballast bag so it's still controlled from the switches on the dash).

lancesaville
05-24-2009, 12:04 PM
posting a comment about the XLV's wake tuning from Jon, he knows his stuff...The boat they were talking about was a GG edition, but should still apply to yours...

Maybe I can help. I've been running the 08 XLV all year. It actually took me while to figure out the new hull wake as well. Right now I am running the 1150 lb bag in the play pen and then 650 lb bags on each side of the engine. I run my wakeplate where it reads almost all the way down on the gauge. I have found out that on the 2008 XLV, between 3/4 of the way down and all the way down has the same effect all the way up to all the way down (on the gauge) on other models. With my weight setup I have everything full and at 75 ft at 24 mph the wake is perfect. The main thing on the XLV is to weight it down evenly from front to back and do not have the wakeplate too far up. Like I said, on the gauge you will need to have it where it reads just a tad above the all the way down mark. From there, position your people in the boat where the rooster tail shoots straight up and both sides of the wake will be clean.

Hope that helps, the complete thread is at: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?p=43132#post43132

kampana
05-25-2009, 05:45 AM
I actually found one of my mistakes :oops:: I wasn't going fast enough. Just adding 2MPH changed everything (I was going at the "perfect speed" of my previous boat).
The wake is now consistent and clean without the plate. The wake has lots of pop :D The speed is a bit high though :-?

> lancesaville: Thanks for the link. I'll try these stettings.
> jasonwm: I don't think I can put this fatsac in the bow just like this because of the compartment's walls that go almost up to the front (there is not enought space) - I should probably saw 10-15cm of theses walls so the sac can be installed properly.
Did anyone installed this Fly High's Pro X Series Integrated Bow Sac on a Mobuis XLV? If yes can you give me some tips on that?

Thank you.

jasonwm
05-25-2009, 02:30 PM
The Integrated Bow Sac will fit fine, you won't be able to fill it all of the way, but that's perfectly acceptable. You'll get as much weight as possible in the bow of the boat, even if the bag isn't completely full.