PDA

View Full Version : replacing steering cable floor removal

ifdff
05-18-2009, 07:22 PM
I am going to replace steering cable on a 01 mobius direct drive. Purchased cable from skidim. How much flooring needs to be removed on direct drive 01 mobius and where are screws located for removal? Do I have to remove flooring in back locker to access pin to rudder thanks for any help

mimoomba
05-19-2009, 11:10 AM
I am going to replace steering cable on a 01 mobius direct drive. Purchased cable from skidim. How much flooring needs to be removed on direct drive 01 mobius and where are screws located for removal? Do I have to remove flooring in back locker to access pin to rudder thanks for any help

Not familiar enough with the difference between Mobius and my Outback LS. But here is what I did.
I removed the panel directly behind the engine. It is a bear to get out and worse to get back in. Then I removed the panel behind that. I could then get to the bolt holding the cable to the rudder. Again, that wasn't easy,and called for some contorsionist(sp) movements.:D Once I had it removed, I used electrical tape and taped a nylon rope to the rudder end of the cable. Went and removed it from the steering rack, and then pulled cable out from the front. Attached the rope to the new cable and pulled it back through, and reinstalled. It isn't really complicated, just can get time consuming anda little rough.

Do a couple of searchs, I believe someone actually took pics and posted a hell of a good how-to on this.

ifdff
05-19-2009, 05:27 PM
i believe the outback and mobius sit on the same hull in the 2001 models do i have to take out back seat in front of back storage locker to remove the floor panels and where are the screws located under the carpet to release these panels for removal any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks for your time
Tom

mimoomba
05-21-2009, 12:08 PM
here is the link for the thread when I did mine. Also, the very last post ahs a clickable link to further help you with the install. Good Luck!

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5536&highlight=steering+cable