PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

cab13367
05-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi guys,

I just visited the site recently after several months of absence and just wanted to say hey. Looks like there have been lot of improvements to the site and I see that a lot of you have been very busy over the winter. I have not even set foot in my boat since I put it away last fall as we have been busy with other activities. Plus, I am about to build out a loft in my house so it might be a couple months before I can even start thinking about the boat.

I will try to check the forum every now and again to motivate me to get the loft done so I can get the Moomba out!

Newty, we'll have to hook up soon so that you can show me all the stuff you've done to your boat over the winter. Looks like you've been busy!

Take care and happy boating!

Al (aka cab13367)

jmvotto
05-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Welcome back! , good luck on the loft hope you get to the moomba soon.

Razzman
05-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Darn Al! I'd thought you'd died or something! :p

jester
05-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Al,

I thought you fell of the face of the earth. Good to see you back on the forms. Good luck with the loft.

mmandley
05-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Welcoem back.

Matter a fact Demo Days Sat i met Newty and he offered my and GF a ride on his boat.

WOW that boat is set up something serious LOL.

I got to see a lot of his upgrades and even stole an idea he had and did it this weekend LOL.

Most things i was impressed by

Window Tinting
Stereo OMG i cant say enough about that mans sound system
Ballast system. Filled really fast and to me that Surf wake was huge. Newty said nope..needs more weight LOL.

I rode for a good hour to hour 1/2 and it was great. Hes got a great family and a great boat.

Idea i stole from Newty, 3 towels. Sewn together as 1 large cover. In you boat colors then you have it on the sun deck. We added a Velcro strap to attach it to the ski pylon so it wont fly off at higher speeds.

Ill get a couple pictures of this weekend up soon.

Thanks a ton for the ride Newty and ill meet ya anytime you need some human ballast or want to surf. I didn't get my surf board but i was watching and learning alot about that sport with you guys Sat. Me and Claudia realy want to try that out now too.

First pic me. You can see the Left side of the new cover.
Second Pic Butch you can see the center and right side of cover better.

moombadaze
05-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Al, glad to see your still around.

yearround
05-18-2009, 09:32 PM
hey Al,
good to hear from you.

newty
05-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Welcome back Al! Love to get out again. Maybe we'll see you at the SC Jam.
Thanks for the props mmandley. Great to have you out and great to meet you and Claudia.
I didn't even think of the towell as an upgrade. And your right... we need more weight.:p

04OUTBACK
05-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Welcome back Al.
I think you should procrastinate on the loft during Pretty sunny days. You guys don't have a long enough summer to spend half of it building a loft!

kaneboats
05-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Welcome back, Al. Remember, the work ain't going anywhere.

Sled491
05-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Welcome back AL. Put the lost off until fall, trust me on this:)

cab13367
05-19-2009, 10:24 PM
All,

Thanks for the warm welcome. We have a bunch of family visiting in August so I need to get the loft done so they have a place to sleep. Hope to get it done by end of June so I can start boating in earnest in July.

Don't worry, I'll be sure to take a break from the loft work and get the boat out every now and then.

Cheers!

Al

smokedog2
05-19-2009, 10:39 PM
If you build it they will come

again, and again, and again. First for days, then weeks and finally they will need your room because the stairs are too difficult.

GO boating -- save yourself.

Sled491
05-19-2009, 10:50 PM
It's like the sign I'm putting up at the lake house. "All welcome, Relatives please call ahead".

cab13367
05-19-2009, 10:56 PM
You guys kill me! I actually like my relatives (in this case, two of my brothers and their families) and look foward to their visit. One of them has a Tige 24V and they like to board and surf just like we do so I can't wait to take them out on the Moomba for the first time.

jmvotto
05-20-2009, 07:13 AM
Sled, i like that one . we looked at one " friends are family that aren't related"

My fav sign in the lake house is " unattanded children will recieve an expresso and and a free puppy"....

Sled491
05-21-2009, 03:25 PM
JV that's a good one as well. Where did you get that one?

jmvotto
06-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Sled, i got it a local store here in NY . I will snap a pic , i believe they come in multiple colors. we have a bunch of craft stores in the village. ican send you one of your choosing is you like. i will check the price as well.

Sled491
06-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Very cool. Let's see what they have. Mine came from Bass Pro shops, so pretty easy for anyone to get.

jmvotto
06-11-2009, 09:19 AM
sled here it is from the house, I didn't get to the store to check the price again and color options Its kinda "cottagy"

Sled491
06-13-2009, 09:24 PM
JV, just showed the wife. She loved it. I'm gonna have to either route one up myself or see if you can find one for me:) Very cool though