PDA

View Full Version : Wake Nation Cable Park

tprkolbas
05-18-2009, 09:59 AM
a group of 4 of us just got back from the new cable park in fairfield, oh (just north of cinci) called wake nation. we decided to head for some warmer water and give our boats a break from all the ballast "abuse". though i've never been to a cable park before, this was a first class facility. it was very clean and professional looking. the guys working there were very friendly and willing to give advice for riding the cable. the pro shop was excellent - all liquid force equipment (l.f. is a big sponsor). though we brought our own equipment, the rental shop looked great - boards were not junk boards.

i will add that nothing replaces riding behind a boat, but this was the next best thing. it was a blast trying the slider boxes and kicker ramps. riding the cable also let you fine tune riding switch and popping ollies. you simply can't go wrong paying $35 for an all day pass to ride as much as your body will allow.

nice job to wake nation, and i'm happy to give them a plug: www.wakenation.com

tprkolbas
05-18-2009, 10:08 AM
as of may 16th, wake nation had several obstacles on the lake: 2 slider boxes (one easy, one much more advanced) and 2 ramps (a wedge box, and a kicker box). they also had a barrel for ollie-ing over. by june 2, which is the grand opening, the manager said they will have 3 more obstacles in the water - 2 are box sliders, and 1 is a rail slider.

tprkolbas
05-18-2009, 10:13 AM
here is a couple more pics of the easy slider box and the wedge and kicker