PDA

View Full Version : Wake Board Value

big lake
05-17-2009, 04:34 PM
I bought a 2001 Moomba OUtback last summer and the owner through in all of his gear...I am looking to sell the wakeboard- have now idea what it's worth?? You all seem like an honest crowd :-)

It is a Liquid Force Trip 143 with Liquid Force Alpha bindings. Seems like it's in good shape. We slalom or tube so I would like to sell it for gas money!!

I have no idea how old it is or if there is a way to tell?? Any help or opinions are welcome. Thanks- Korie

Trashy
05-17-2009, 06:16 PM
If you put it on ebay you might get around $100. Put a shipping cost of about $30 but then you'll also need to get boxes for board and bindings.

tprkolbas
05-17-2009, 07:15 PM
being it is a 2001, you'd be lucky to get $50 for it. (i bought and sold quite a few boards in the last few years). the reason is that so much has changed in wakeboard technology since then. if i were you, i'd put it in a garage sale or a ski swap and hope for the best, but don't get your hopes up too high. i wouldn't buy a board that old for anything but teaching a noobie or taking to a cable park and riding sliders.

big lake
05-17-2009, 10:29 PM
The boat is a 2001- I don't think the board is nearly that old- The bindings look like they are in really good shape, no cracking, etc... Thanks for the feedback guys- we'll try craigslist first and see how it goes.- Korie

volfo
05-18-2009, 01:11 AM
I doubt it's worth too much to anyone but you, in the sense that if you sold it and later wanted to wakeboard some, you'd be forced to spend hundreds of bucks for a similar quality board.

Thus, I think you should keep it. It's a decent board and sooner or later you will get the bug to give it a try - even if you don't think so, I think you likely will eventually. I'm not saying wakeboarding would replace slalom for you, I just think that anybody that likes being on the water enough to have a tournament style ski boat would enjoy almost anything on the water and you'd probably find it fun as a change of pace occasionally. It's a lot less tiring than slalom, too. If nothing else, keep it on the boat for others to try.

yearround
05-18-2009, 12:48 PM
i would 2nd Volfo on keeping the board. just keep it. you can wakeboard when the water is not good enough to ski.

Chefwong
05-18-2009, 01:12 PM
I 3rd the notion, Keep it! It's always fun to have something to dink around on, even if its not your thing.

But if you must sell I would say probably about 100 bucks, 50 for board, 50 for bindings, if both are in good shape.

mmandley
05-18-2009, 05:38 PM
If you really are dead set on selling it. Take it to the local shop and ask them about the gear. They should know just by looking at it what it is and the apx year of gear.

143 is a big board. Im a big guy and mine its a 142. Might want to find out the size of the bindings because that makes a difference in the crowd who will buy it also.

jasonba1
05-18-2009, 06:40 PM
THe trip is a great all around board I rode one for years. if you post some pics I can probalbly tell you what year it is and what it would probably bring.

kaneboats
05-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Yes, any support for Habitat for Humanity or The Fuller Center for Housing is a great thing. Keep your receipt for tax time. Anybody know the guy in the photo?