PDA

View Full Version : Binimi Top

2000OUTBACK
05-16-2009, 02:27 AM
Well I finally broke down and ordered one the other day. I went with a AERIAL BIMINI that fits on the tower. It will be here first of next week,,, just in time for the boating weekend!!!
I bought it from H20SportsWarehouse. This is the same company I bought my tower from.

Link: http://www.h2osportswarehouse.com/product-p/bim-aertwr-bl.htm

kaneboats
05-20-2009, 12:58 PM
You're the guy whose about 6'6" right? You'll love it. I'm going to have to sue them for copying my design.

Razzman
05-20-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm going to have to sue them for copying my design.

Hate to say this Kane but Tower Biminis (http://www.towerbiminis.com/index.aspx)has been doing those for 3-4 years now :p Check 'em out, beautiful stuff, all billet constructed frame & CNC components, only Sunbrella fabrics in virtually any color you want for around the same price if i remember. He offers about a half dozen different designs or customs as well. I know the owner well and he'll be doing mine shortly, had one on my last boat. That gets me thinking, i wonder if there's enough interest in a group buy if i could arrange one?

2000OUTBACK
05-21-2009, 05:34 AM
You're the guy whose about 6'6" right? You'll love it. I'm going to have to sue them for copying my design.

yea I am actually 6'7" :D

I got it in and half way installed it tonight.. I will get some pics up soon!

kaneboats
05-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Love to see the pics.

No, I don't have a patent on my design. It was done out of desperation without motive for profit. Those guys do a nice job. I've never understood why people want a bimini under the tower where you have do duck so far. In the old days there was no tower and the bimini on a comp ski boat had to cover only a driver and observer. Nowadays we use these boats for a lot more activities and passengers. The evolution to larger over the tower biminis was inevitable.

Razzman
05-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Love to see the pics.

No, I don't have a patent on my design. It was done out of desperation without motive for profit. Those guys do a nice job. I've never understood why people want a bimini under the tower where you have do duck so far. In the old days there was no tower and the bimini on a comp ski boat had to cover only a driver and observer. Nowadays we use these boats for a lot more activities and passengers. The evolution to larger over the tower biminis was inevitable.

Only kiidin' with ya! :D I can't understand it either. The problem as i see it with most over the tower designs is that they don't offer as much coverage as their underneath cousin as they are up higher. So to keep coverage the same you'd have to lengthen the bimini which could cause interference issues with the towrope. Not sure but I guess we'll see in the design phase of mine as coverage is where it's at in my boat.