PDA

View Full Version : hot in vegas

sandm
05-15-2009, 11:57 PM
arrived here in vegas on thursday afternoon.

it's really hotttttt..
felt like 98deg on friday.....

gotta love the weather.. wish I had a boat here...

that is all.

Sled491
05-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Play a hand for me:) Wife and I will be there in July for some fun.

Razzman
05-20-2009, 12:49 AM
We were out last weekend on Lake Don Pedro, 97 Friday, 100 Saturday and 104 on Sunday. The water was a beautiful 72 so it was worth it.

Sled491
05-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Very Nice:)

tazz3069
05-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Sandm--
You should have said something to me. We were at the lake all weekend. Despite the boat troubles, we had a blast.

Sled--
When in July are you and the wife coming out? Maybe we can get together for a drink or dinner.

Razzman--
Very jealous of you. Lake Don Pedro is my favorite lake of all times. I just wish that we lived closer to there. I is about a 10 hour drive in the motorhame pulling the boat. We do it in 2 days. The first night, we camp out at kings river. Get up the next morning, have breakfast and finish the journey.

sandm
05-20-2009, 11:01 AM
would have, but was a quick trip. just came into town to plant a few shrubs for my mum. kept her from hiring a gardener to come in and do it.
and I got to do a little outlet mall shopping and eat at in&out burger. yummmm..

will be back friday night july 31 for the night and fly out saturday, august 1st late in the evening. if the weather is nice and you are heading out, may have to see about paying for a spot. would love to see some of the lakes around there.
have tossed around a couple of times going camping for a week at either havasu(nautical inn) or roughing it at lake mojave, but haven't got the nerves yet to tow 600 miles.

Razzman
05-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Tazz, Pedro is at it's highest for this time of year i've seen it in a long time, it's still rising a foot a day on average! Right now it's at 793' and full pool is 830' so at this rate if it keeps up it'll be full a month from now! The conditions are awesome right now just gotta watch for debris as the rising waters are floating shore junk but it's not bad.

Here's a shot of my buddies boats, white Sanger V215 and Super Sport Nautique, shows the water level real good. Notice the houseboat peeking over the hilltop in a back cove.

Best moments of the weekend was my grandson finally getting up reapeatedly on his wakeboard the first time out after struggling all last year and two bald eagles flying right in the area of the pic fishing all morning!

GeauxTigers
05-20-2009, 02:04 PM
have tossed around a couple of times going camping for a week at either havasu(nautical inn) or roughing it at lake mojave, but haven't got the nerves yet to tow 600 miles.

I went to Havasu last year from Salt Lake. Towed my boat behind the motorhome. It was easy! The ride down was lots of fun but the ride back was a drag! I was EXTREMELY tired and had to fight to stay awake the last 2-3 hours of the trip. We stayed at a place called the Beachcomber resort. It is an older place with lots of single wide trailer homes in little lots (Snowbirds). Their pool is clean, they have lots of boat slips and the overall appearance of the place is clean. Keep that one in mind when/if you go down.

mmandley
05-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi there GeauxTigers

My grandparents live right up the mountain from you. Logan Utah. We are taking Fierah there this summer in Early Sept and hitting Bear Lake, grandma insists on riding in the new boat hee hee. Who am i to disappoint grams.

BensonWdby
05-20-2009, 07:49 PM
FWIW - Minneapolis had 95 yesterday (that's Minnesota ya' know)
That shold warm up the water for this weekend..

Sled491
05-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Has been mid 80's last 2 days back home. For the long weekend...you guessed it, weather turns to crap. Complete with rain all day saturday:(