PDA

View Full Version : Portland Supra/Moomba Jam?

newty
05-15-2009, 01:33 AM
Anyone know if there is a Supra/Moomba Jam planned for Portland Oregon this year?
I know Active is having its Boat Buyers Reunion but I believe that is seperate. No?

mmandley
05-15-2009, 04:24 AM
Humm never herd of a Supra Moomba jam but im down for that. I actualy have to call AWS tomorrow and see if they got the dibs from Skiers Choice on my Z5 rack so ill ask them about that also.

Im for sure taking Fierah to the June 20th Reunion tour.

jester
05-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Newty,

They are two differnt jams. The boat buyers is just AWS and everyone that bought a boat from them then the SC jam is all the SC people. I have not seen a letter from AWS on when the SC one will be or where at. I talked to them last year and they where looking at another location outside of Portland for this years SC jam.

newty
05-15-2009, 09:12 PM
I talked w/ AWS today and they said that they are going to combine the two events this year. Owners reunion and the SC reunion June 20th I still don't know the specifics but we will see. I guess a couple MB owners won't be too bad. Especially because I used to be one.;)

jester
05-17-2009, 08:48 PM
ooo that sucks. I really don't like that idea since i will be in southern Oregon that week for a collage get to gether / party on the lake. Guess you need to have enought fun at the jam for me also.

skiav8
06-06-2009, 01:38 PM
What's the details on the reunion get together for AWS? Where can I find out? Times and location? I want to take my toy there! Right now we are down in Lake Tahoe with it. Of course its 50 degrees with fresh snow in the mountains!!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h93/skiav8/IMG_0105.jpg

deerfield
06-06-2009, 04:29 PM
I want to take my toy there!

ski - Nice boat you got there. I can see how you would want to party. Hope you guys can put something together for a Portland jamboree. This will be the third year for Chicago. Check out jamboree album on my profile. The Chicago jamboree draws owners from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Michigan. - Deerfield

mmandley
06-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Good looking boat Skiav8

Check out the AWS site here it has the location.

The date is June 20th its an all day venture.

http://www.aws-online.com/

newty
06-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Hey skiav8!
Man you've been there a while! You going to be able to go on the 20th?
Dang thats 2 weeks away!

We ought to meet up early in the couve and caravan down there! Anyone else going?

We need a roll call! who's in?

KT Mobius
06-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Rain, snow or sleet Im in

mmandley
06-07-2009, 07:52 PM
IM in Newty just need to pack a place and time to meet. Like a big parking lot then caravan there.

newty
06-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Bergermeister, Robert J, Wakemakers?

KT Mobius
06-08-2009, 11:31 AM
RobertJ lives down the street from me, pretty sure hes in, but I'll talk to him

newty
06-08-2009, 11:54 AM
KT are you the one that bought a board from React?

KT Mobius
06-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Nope not me, but I will be buying one within the next couple weeks

newty
06-08-2009, 02:10 PM
There was a friend of Robert J's that had bought a crawfish and left in the boat on the way home and it flew out. :( Needless to say he's hoping the guys at React can do a little reconstructive surgery. You know who I'm talking about?
Oh BTW React is going to raffle another board at this years reunion.

mmandley
06-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Sweet on the Raffle board.

Damm on the air surfing board.

Hey Newty does React sell starter boards? I was under the impression they only sold advanced boards.

newty
06-08-2009, 04:12 PM
They will build you anything you want. They are coming out with me on the 20th, so you can pick there brains on the subject. Even though they are advanced boards they are very easy to learn on. Because they are fast it makes staying in the wave easier. You will get comfortable very quickly on most of the boards.
I'm thinking the Quaga for you.

newty
06-16-2009, 07:31 PM
I spoke with Diggs from PDX wake and he's going set a meet place for the reunion. Whose in? 4 days!!!

mmandley
06-16-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm im off work Saturday morning at 7am. I will have the boat ready to leave the house by 730 for a meet.

KT Mobius
06-17-2009, 12:22 AM
I will do everything I can to be there.

mmandley
06-19-2009, 04:30 AM
Is Friday morning. Whats the plan of attack gentlemen and ladies?

Are we planning on meeting up at a local parking lot and doing a highway convoy to the water to make our own statement?

Or we planning on meeting at the event and such?

The weather is realy iffy right now, it keeps changing from partly cloudy with chances of rain to over cast with chances of rain.

RobertJ
06-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Rain, Willamette, Debris, Prop, $
Rain , Willamette, Turds, Rash, $

I am 90% sure we are coming up for the gathering in the park, 10:00am - 1:00pm but I am unsure about bringing the boat up for the trip into downtown. I have the batteries out of it right know and I am cleaning up the install a bit, I hope to have it done tonight.

mmandley
06-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Claudia spoke to AWS and they are for sure doing the event rain or shine. They have 10 boats solid confirmed thats going and they have an expected 30 boats showing up from the chatter they have received.

Im just trying to force myself to wake up and go wash the boat and trailer, clean the inside and work on the sub a bit more. Its not hitting like i know it can LOL.

mmandley
06-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Latest update.

People from the Moomba site and PDX site that are going to the Jam tomorrow, we are all meeting up at the Shari's across the street from the park for the Jam.

The time to be there is 830 am peeps are goign to have some breakfast before we all convoy down to the water for the Show and Shine. That starts at 10. From 10 to 1230 there is a BBQ pick nick also.

1230 the boats go in the water and the cruise up threw Downtown Portland to the water front happens.

See you all there.

Weather forcast says, dry in the am with some clouds. Winds 5 to 10 and later in the afternoon chance of rain.

High mid 60s

Lets up it holds and the rain misses us.
I just spent 2 hours cleaning the boat, just when i get done, dam storm blows in and i have to tow it home in the rain, so a complete waste of my time because when i got home i had to wipe it all down from the road dirt. Grumble grumble.

zabooda
06-20-2009, 12:50 PM
I wish I could of been there but I'm here at work. It's 70 degrees at 9AM here so it sould be a good day there also. I'm jealous of you guys.

The plus side is starting next week I will be gone every weekend until September and with seven weeks of vacation that I need to use I will be at work one week in July and one week in August.

Enjoy!

deerfield
06-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey, how was the jam? Let's have a report and see some good pics. - Deerfield

newty
06-20-2009, 11:26 PM
The weather didn't cooperate but we had a great time!
Pics to follow. I forgot my camera but ther were plenty of pics taken.
When I get some I'll post em.

mmandley
06-21-2009, 12:59 PM
The event was fun and i really had a good time despite being up for 23 hours before the boat tour to downtown Portland.

Newty was right next to me and RobertJ made it out with his boat. KT_Mobius was able to make it but didnt get his boat to the event.

We were the main LSV people everyone else was a Supra or M B52'sboats attended.

There was a BBQ of burgers and dogs on the grills for everyone and in the end Gerry O. of AWS gave out prizes.

100 in store credit.
several PDX shirts and tank tops
Wake board handle and rope
Wake Surf handle and rope
Cozies
Pylon covers
New boat buyers kit from McGuires'
Newty's Bro in Law donated a React surfboard from his shop. That was the Grand Prize.
I cant think of any other prizes that were given out.

It was a great time but at the awards were given out a bog storm cloud came and took out the sun and the temps started getting cooler. I ended up covering my boat back up and several others did. They did do the tour and Newty went on that but after being up 23 hours and weather not being particularly nice i went home to sleep. < good thing i did because driving the 45 minutes home was very hard being so tired >

We didnt get a lot of pics but heres the ones we do have.

Pic 1 me and claudia Newty's boat is right behind ours in the pic
pic 2 was Gerry O doing awards. Also Warren the owner of AWS in the hat on the left
pic 3 The row of trucks mine, Newty
pic 4 shinning the ride

mmandley
06-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Couple shots of the row of boats.

KT Mobius
06-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Wish I had my boat, but it was nice to put some faces with names. So, when is the next gathering? Can we organize a float? Is anyone thinking about a new boat? RobertJ its nice to see you on the this site again, I thought maybe you were going to go back to your Reinell. Newty and MMandley awsome boats, dont be strangers, hope to see you guys soon.

mmandley
06-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Wish I had my boat, but it was nice to put some faces with names. So, when is the next gathering? Can we organize a float? Is anyone thinking about a new boat? RobertJ its nice to see you on the this site again, I thought maybe you were going to go back to your Reinell. Newty and MMandley awsome boats, dont be strangers, hope to see you guys soon.

Me and Claudia were actually talking about this today. We were thinking picking a weekend < Sunday > in August to meet at one of the lakes or something. Enough time in advance to get more people involved. Do something like a big float of the boats and some surfing wake boarding and tubing, we can hope different boats for different activities and such.

If people are interested let me know when is a BAD time and i will throw something together and see what we can get going. Id like to meet more of the people out here in the NW.

Or maybe we can plan a whole weekend and a camp site or two in August and see if some of the N Cal guys can make the trip.

jester
06-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Looks like another good time. I would be game for doing a weekend float with you guys. It is always nice to know boat owners around you.