PDA

View Full Version : Question?

wbarksda
05-14-2009, 01:55 PM
What is the difference between an Mobius LSV and an Outback V?

guinsha54
05-14-2009, 02:00 PM
I know that the Mobius LSV is bigger than the Outback V. Check out the boats specs on the moomba home page.

wbarksda
05-14-2009, 02:05 PM
I did and really can't find that big of a difference. Outback is 20' and the Mobius in 21'.

guinsha54
05-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Another difference may be the base options offered for each. For example I don’t think the Outback has the basic ballast set up that the Mobius does. Someone else will chime in soon and gear us up on the differences.

moombamania
05-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Sit in them.... the Outback has a smaller freeboard. All seats set lower to the floor then in the Mobius

Razzman
05-14-2009, 03:01 PM
The LSV is 1.5' longer and a minor 1" wider and 1 peep more capacity, but does have more freeboard and storage room which equates to not only a larger boat but a roomier feeling boat. I checked out a '09 Outback V at my dealer a few weeks back just for giggles and it definately feels smaller than my LSV. There may be more differences but i'm not aware of them. For those that don't need a lot of room or carry a big crew the Outback V is perfect for them.

mmandley
05-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Another thing is the LSV tends to come with a Tandem Axle trailer already. The Wake Tower is different looking and just feels beefer.

I was closely considering the OBV also and the big change in choice was looking at them side by side and sitting in them. I found with the lower seats after about 30 minutes of sitting in the OBV i would have to change position and the LSV was more fitted to my natural height. Im short so it helps but still in the LSV i can sit longer and not have to change positions.

Standard options from the dealer i use also give the LSV more toys out the door with out paying additional upgrades.

So i went with the LSV because with my pricing there was only a 5K difference and in that i got my add ons i wanted tandem trailer and a more rare color combo on my boat.

Now i of course was looking at 08s the 09 were available but i wasn't going to get my discount on them.

Most people fall over when i tell them the sticker with option on my boat..and the actual amount i paid for my boat.