PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy with your new 2009 Outback V

KTM525
05-14-2009, 04:56 AM
Hi

I just want to ask you if your happy with the new 2009 Outback V?

Did you have any problems with the build quality? Is anything very good or bad designed? Would you buy it again?

Is it possible to wakesurf with the gravity III balast system and the wakeplate?

Cheers, KTM525

kaneboats
05-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Ed's is the only one I've seen. I have to say the hull design is awesome for cutting through the chop. The fit/finish of the interior is better than I've ever seen from Moomba. The surf wake was very nice. The whole thing is very user friendly and it looks really sharp. I was very impressed.

ian ashton
05-14-2009, 12:24 PM
I don't own one, but I test drove an '09 a few weeks back and really liked it. I could definately see purchasing one, if I didn't just buy a boat last year, lol.

germa001
05-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Our 09 OBV is amazing. We have around 25 hours on it and love it. haven't wake surfed behind it but have wakeboarded and slalomed alot. It tracks very well rides nice and looks great. No problems with build quality at all. Everything is sturdy and feels solid. It handles rough water extremely well for a 20' boat. I guess the best way to despribe it is a great all around boat. So to answer your question, yes we are very happy with our new 2009 Outback V. I would love to answer anymore of your question about the boat also.

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=167&pictureid=1305

KTM525
05-14-2009, 02:02 PM
you both have choosen realy nice color....

How many adults can the boat handle, and i dont want to sit in the boat like in a domestic flight ;-). 5 or 6 incl. the driver?

germa001
05-14-2009, 02:15 PM
we've had 7 plus a baby with plenty of room to spare (the biggest guy was laying on the back seat while someone was wakeboarding) so I would say it holds 8 comfortably. but if you need to you can pack them in. It also depends on how much stuff you have in the cabin like ropes, wakeboards you didnt feel like putting in the rack yet and any external ballast bags.

mmandley
05-14-2009, 06:40 PM
I have the LSV but to go with this conversation of people in the boat.

We had 8 people last week also. 5 adults and 1 teen 2 kids. No one sat in the front bow and the only time i had to get people to move around a little was when i was pulling gear out and such. I keep everything stowed as well. Only thing i leave out is the tub once its aired up. I tie it the sun deck if we are cruising and or toss it in the bow. Toss if overboard and tie it off when we are sitting and relaxing.

Dam wish my Z5 would get here LOL.
Im so tempted to call Skiers Choice and start investigating where my rack is already. Its been 2months and 2 days..But who's counting..

germa001
05-14-2009, 08:46 PM
I don't want anyone getting the idea that I keep a messy boat. I just meant sometimes you will have things out and about that you will need and that the boat is still big enough to hold plenty of people and still manage those things with minimal trouble. I like to keep everything stowed away as much as possible.

I also thought of something else that may be a selling point to you. The bow seating on the OBV is nice. ours has held 2 big guys comfortably. I'm 6'2" and think that the bow seating may be the most comfortable seat in the boat. It seemed alittle small at first but it has proved to be plenty big and secure when going over the big rollers.

mmandley
05-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Naa i wasn't implying or even thinking you kept a messy boat lol.

I always assume everyone boat is as clean as mine then i dont feel guilty if mine is dirty because i assume everyone else is too LOL

Kidder
05-15-2009, 12:34 AM
If the 09 Outback V would've been available in 08 (well, you know what I mean), I probably would've bought it instead. It looks to me to be the perfect crossover boat. My LS is a bit longer but I think the OBV looks more flexible. Don't get me wrong, we REALLY like our LS but if the new OBV would've been for sale, we would've had a harder time deciding.

jmvotto
05-15-2009, 06:31 AM
Germa001,

i saw the OBV 09 in person last week, looks real nice, deeper v , looks about the same inside hieght as the older obv but the bow seating looked noticebly smaller. glad it's comfy for big adults!!

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=792

jcwilso2
05-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Hey there,
I'm new to the boards here, but I recently purchased an 09 OBV and absolutely love it! For a 20 footer it handles really well...good wake, nice finishing for this price point. You really can't go wrong here...I'd absolutely do it again!

Chad

mmandley
05-18-2009, 05:23 PM
welcome and yes great looking boat. Dont be a stranger

Sled491
05-19-2009, 09:05 PM
If the 09 Outback V would've been available in 08 (well, you know what I mean), I probably would've bought it instead. It looks to me to be the perfect crossover boat. My LS is a bit longer but I think the OBV looks more flexible. Don't get me wrong, we REALLY like our LS but if the new OBV would've been for sale, we would've had a harder time deciding.

You traiter!! Just kidding:)