PDA

View Full Version : 05 mobius lsv

jimmobius
05-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Well it has been a while since I have joined and finally here are some pics of my boat. Not in the water of course but better than none for now. Still waiting for my first outing of the season , hopefully Friday!! Jim.

mmandley
05-14-2009, 01:51 AM
Good looking boat i like the Red on White combo. Glad to see ya got it out and i hope you get some time on the water this weekend.

jimmobius
05-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks, I just washed the boat and not the trailer after sitting all winter. Now everything is pollinating and it is everywhere. It is too bad I have to keep it outside all the time. Jim .

kaneboats
05-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Very fine looking craft! Hope you can get out soon. We patiently await the on-water photos. Enjoy!

mmandley
05-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Outside all the time? Really? Wow wouldn't have guessed that it looked super clean in your photos. You didn't airbrush them like the Playboy does? LOL

Anyhow i cant leave mine out it rains so much in Portland as it is i have to clean the truck in the rainy season or moss and stuff grows in the rear sliding window and on the rear bumper under the tailgate LOL.

Do you have or have you looked into the steal garage covers? The ones on poles with the aluminum top to protect it from debris?

jimmobius
05-15-2009, 10:01 AM
I thought about that and I have the room for one , but I have a pickup camper that I have to store also and it all fits beside my garage and backyard. I had a carport attached to my garage and took it down when I remodeled and added on to the house. I then decided to try motorhomes and couldn't put it back up again. I gave the carport to a friend in return for helping some with the remodel/addition. I will probably just order another cover for it since the oem one is now tearing and rotted. It doesn't rain hardly at all here except for the monsoon season and we get downpours for a while then it quits. It's the heavy snow load at times in the springtime that is the challenge for covering the boat. I usually use 2x4 frame front to back down the middle and then install the cover and another plastic cover on it. It works well and has had 12" + snow on it before I can sweep it off. I am tired of the snow and cold and look forward to moving to a warm climate someday. Jim .

kaneboats
05-15-2009, 10:20 AM
We'll be waitin' for you.

yearround
05-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Jim, don't do it, don't leave. i get lost when i can't look around and see a 14er and know where things are.

did you make it out on the water?

jimmobius
05-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Yes , finally Friday . It wasn't the warmest but we went anyway . A good time nonetheless. I am getting tired of the cold, snow, traffic, bad rude drivers, noise, etc.. lived here 22 years and probably 4 more to go before early retirement . Can't wait. Jim .

04OUTBACK
05-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Great looking 05! Glad you got out!

kaneboats
05-20-2009, 12:54 PM
i get lost when i can't look around and see a 14er and know where things are.

That's what GPS is for. You don't have to live there.

Actually, Colorado I understand. There's a lot to do year round (ha). But, when I was in IL there wasn't much to do 9 months out of the year so I spent most of my time sitting in traffic.