PDA

View Full Version : 2008 XLV horsepower

g man
05-13-2009, 09:48 AM
I am looking at purchasing a new 2008 XLV and it comes with the standard 350. Is that enough power for this size boat? This boat does have the Gravity III system in it if that makes a difference. Any thoughts?

Jon
05-13-2009, 10:44 AM
340 hp or 325 hp? Both engines will do fine but obviously the 340 will do better. Be sure to get a wakeboard prop if it doesn't already have one.

mmandley
05-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Horsepower is all nice but honestly it isnt the horsepower that pulls you threw water its the torque.

Both engines are very torque heavy and pull pull more then you can imagine. They both can pull well over 6 people at once they can pull other boats also.

As fare as a wake board prop when i was at the local Dealer and asked them about that after reading about all the ballast people use they said unless you are really weighing the boat down and have a lot of people in it also then i wouldnt need to upgrade my prop.

You can if you want it will help the hole shot a little but unless the boat if feeling sluggish then its not a big deal. If you get it as part of the purchase and you get to keep the factory prop id do it. But other wise id wait till you feel like you need it to spend that 200. So many other places to spend 200 on a boat then a prop you may never actualy need on there.

just my thoughts.

g man
05-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Thank you for the advice. I am also looking at an 09 with the same options and 325 but I am not sure if the prop is the upgraded wakeboard prop or not. Good to know what to look for!

Form&Function
05-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Keep in mind the more power you sqeeze out of a small block the faster it blows up.A simple one degree drop in prop angle can make all the difference anyways.