PDA

View Full Version : Outback DD back seat problem.

Limishowman3
05-12-2009, 06:03 PM
OK so the other day I had some of my friends sitting on the back seat my outback dd in the up position. That way I can fill my ballast in the back. Well my seat wasn't bowing so I thought it was ok for them to sit back there. After we get done boarding and put the seat back in the down position, I noticed where the seat sit in the up position on the sides, the frame had collapsed and now i have some stable poking through my vinyl. My question how much do you think this would cost to fix or is it some how under warranty?

pickle311
05-13-2009, 02:14 AM
I had the same thing happen to my old outback. The dealer got it replaced under warranty without any problems. It took a few weeks for them to get the parts in though.

Limishowman3
05-13-2009, 12:20 PM
hey do you know how long the warranty is? I bought mine new in july of 07

pickle311
05-14-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't recall if it's 1 year or 3 years. Maybe someone else will chime in and remind us.

Limishowman3
05-15-2009, 11:49 AM
where's Ed at, he usually knows all the answers to this?

Limishowman3
05-18-2009, 10:58 AM
So no one knows how long the warranty is on the vinyl or construction on the seats?

Limishowman3
05-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Hahahaa, I will try not to do that the next I come across some gators. Thanks Ed, Ill just give my dealer a call and see whats up.

Sled491
05-19-2009, 09:10 PM
In 07 the boats came with the 3 yr warrenty. In 06 it was a one year and in 08 they started charging for the 4 yr, if I recall correctly. But I have an 07 and it has the 3 yr.

Smrtz
05-20-2009, 10:15 AM
I have this issue with my 05 OB as well..
How exactly did they fix it? Anyone have details on what they do to fix it
I can live with the crushed corener of the seat (just barely) but I dont want the seat to keep falling when in the raised position

Cheers

Sled491
05-21-2009, 04:03 PM
I have this issue with my 05 OB as well..
How exactly did they fix it? Anyone have details on what they do to fix it
I can live with the crushed corener of the seat (just barely) but I dont want the seat to keep falling when in the raised position

Cheers

3" deck screws ha ha ha:)

Limishowman3
05-22-2009, 02:13 AM
Well I went up to my dealer today and said that it was only under a 1yr warranty. He knew exactly what I was talking about and told me how he has fixed them in the past. He took some pictures of it and sent it off to moomba so hopefully they might pay for fixing it. The problem is the back seat moves to much and it wears down the corners until and it looses all its supports. So the guy at the service/repair shop says he put some blocks on the sides and covers them with vinyl and screws them to the inside of the boat to make the seat fit snug when put in the up position. So hopefully moomba will cover the charges as the problem is constantly happening on their DD boats. Otherwise there goes half a month or more of boat gas.