PDA

View Full Version : Ballast pump.

Eric Z
05-11-2009, 11:37 AM
I was wondering if any of you have cahnged out your ballast pump. My left side pump filled fine yesterday but when I went to drain it nothing. It happened to me last year also and it was just a fuse but I checked the fuse and it looked fine. How hard is it to do? what pump is it? I have an 06' LSV. Please help.....

Razzman
05-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Look in the modifications category there's lot's of info on modifying and changing the pumps.

jasonwm
05-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Up until 2009, Moomba used one Rule 2000GPH pump to fill the system (divided amongst up to three bags using the solenoid valves), and an individual 800GPH pump at each bag to drain.

It sounds like your drain pump for that bag has failed. You may be able to repair it, but for the cost of a replacement pump ($30ish), it's probably not worth your time. Order a new 800GPH replacement pump from your dealer or another source (any pump with 3/4" NPT fittings will work fine), and you're looking at 15 minutes or so to swap it out.

etang789
05-19-2009, 03:16 AM
Up until 2009, Moomba used one Rule 2000GPH pump to fill the system (divided amongst up to three bags using the solenoid valves), and an individual 800GPH pump at each bag to drain.

It sounds like your drain pump for that bag has failed. You may be able to repair it, but for the cost of a replacement pump ($30ish), it's probably not worth your time. Order a new 800GPH replacement pump from your dealer or another source (any pump with 3/4" NPT fittings will work fine), and you're looking at 15 minutes or so to swap it out.

Is the model number Rule 203FC? or 403FC?

I need to get one online and ship it to HK ASAP any help here?

JesseC
05-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Is the model number Rule 203FC? or 403FC?

I need to get one online and ship it to HK ASAP any help here?

Here is what I found online:

203FC Pro Series 700 LW Pump, Seacock Fitting
No longer available, replaced by the 403FC

I replaced mine with the 203FC, but it appears it is no longer available. I wonder if there will be clearance issues with the new 403fc?? I think I would really try and locate the 203fc personally, I am going to order a few 203fc models just in case!!

Here is the 403fc:
http://www.cgedwards.com/Rule/405fc.gif

and the old 203fc:
http://www.cgedwards.com/Rule/mod201fc.gif

vkkovach
05-19-2009, 06:06 PM
I was wondering if any of you have cahnged out your ballast pump. My left side pump filled fine yesterday but when I went to drain it nothing. It happened to me last year also and it was just a fuse but I checked the fuse and it looked fine. How hard is it to do? what pump is it? I have an 06' LSV. Please help.....
That's really ironic my lsv just did the exact same thing! Left side drain pump inop fuse good power and ground to the pump good. Removed the pump and found that it internally leaked water into the electrical portion and turned into a brown muddy rust mess!! I found the pumps on eBay for $14 each so I got 2 just incase.

Trashy
05-19-2009, 08:07 PM
That's really ironic my lsv just did the exact same thing! Left side drain pump inop fuse good power and ground to the pump good. Removed the pump and found that it internally leaked water into the electrical portion and turned into a brown muddy rust mess!! I found the pumps on eBay for $14 each so I got 2 just incase.

I am glad you are going to finally fix this. I am tired of emptying that 750 lb by hand. I was about to uninvite myself from going on your boat anymore! But if it happens to me im sure you will return the favor.

vkkovach
05-21-2009, 08:36 PM
I am glad you are going to finally fix this. I am tired of emptying that 750 lb by hand. I was about to uninvite myself from going on your boat anymore! But if it happens to me im sure you will return the favor.
Remember I can't lift anything I'm broken! Oh did I say. I got the pumps from eBay? You might want to go look under your cover! I know where you park your boat! What's really crazy is 3 boats with left side drain pump problems and mine is the only one fixed on the same day yours broke!! By the way I'm back online at work via blackberry!!! Technology at its finest!

jmvotto
05-26-2009, 10:18 PM
My ballast I system would not fill. I do not use it much but i wanted to try it out over the weekend. It worked fine last season. the lights go on, on the switch. where do I start? is there a fuse near the fill pump? I keep it on the lift , so i fill as i am moving to prime the pump. Did the dealer miss something summerizing it?

Thanks in advance.

jasonwm
05-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Check to make sure the pump is actually running when you flip the switch. You should be able to hear it, but you'll definitely be able to feel it vibrate with you hand.

If your pump is running, make sure the ball valve in the hose running to the pump is open. Some dealers close those during winterization to keep any water out of the system.

jmvotto
05-28-2009, 06:59 AM
thanks, i will give it a try this weekend:D

wolfeman131
05-28-2009, 09:14 PM
My ballast I system would not fill. I do not use it much but i wanted to try it out over the weekend. It worked fine last season. the lights go on, on the switch. where do I start? is there a fuse near the fill pump? I keep it on the lift , so i fill as i am moving to prime the pump. Did the dealer miss something summerizing it?

Thanks in advance.

JV - I have the same boat, '08 model, and had same issue this past weekend. Here is what I did:

1) pulled the rear seat and plastic cover off
2) when facing stern, look to left of opening and you'll see the pump and a red handle to the ball valve mentioned above. Check to make sure it's open.
3) I unhooked the fill line from the water strainer and had wife hit the fill switch. Fair warning, while others say the flow is too slow, it you hold the fill line towards your face to see if there is any water coming out when your wife hits the switch, YOU WILL get a face full of water. Obviously, my system was working to this point so I hooked it back up.
4) Unhooked fill line on opposite side of Orbit valve. Wife hit switch again while I moved my face away. No water. On the Orbit valve is a little black lever with the word "ON" stamped in the plastic. I moved this a few times and rapped in the black piece with the wires going into it, then had wife hit switch again and I had water flowing. Not sure exactly what I did to make it work, but I proudly announced to my wife, "I fixed it."
5) Hooked everything back up and then checked to make sure bag would fill.

Let me know if it works out for you.

jmvotto
05-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Drew, thanks for the detailed info. I will definately break out my "get the rope off the prop" googles when doing this test. LOL I love the "all fixed"comment, its so true though???

etang789
06-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Guys do not order the pumps from getyourtech.com it is a scam! I used Google shopping to find the best price on the 403FC pumps and they showed up with good ratings so I ordered from them...but they never shipped the products! And right now Im trying to get my money back...:evil:

jasonwm
06-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Sorry to hear about the hassle you're having dealing with that company!

jmvotto
06-21-2009, 06:56 AM
Why is the fly high tsunami pump 100.00 bucks whe you can buy the basic pump (43 dollars)and add the fly high fittings and a hose barbs plus hose for much less. :confused:

wolfe , my center ballast works fine now, just did not prime it properly first time out, no googles needed:)

wolfeman131
06-21-2009, 10:18 AM
wolfe , my center ballast works fine now, just did not prime it properly first time out, no googles needed:)

JV - glad to hear, but I was hoping to get a good story outta ya!